Beta Evo variable Idling

gazzaecowarrior

My 2012 beta Evo 125 seems to idle a bit erratically at times. Filter is regularly cleaned, carb recently cleaned, plug is new, jitsie idle adjuster fitted, air screw 2 turns out. Basically when cold it idles fast which I would expect then after it warms up idles well and appropriately. Then all of a sudden it starts idling a bit faster then after a bit of a ride the idle goes very slow to the point it dies. I often find it stalls and I'm convinced it has a bit of a bog from closed throttle to open. Could this be the idle jet ? It then seems to change from idling perfectly, to idling fast or dieing. The plug br7es is new and I often find my plug is carbonised but not oily wet.

Any ideas what could be causing this idling ? Could it be the floats need a fiddle with ? Float height adjustment seems a bit of a black art to me.

Does anybody have a recommendation for the needle clip position. I ride at normal altitude in the UK.

Check the tip of the idle adjuster and the area where it contacts the slide. I have the same adjuster and the tip wore and flaked quite a bit as well as wearing the slide and trapping flakes in the area, this caused the idle to change. After the initial wear it has been OK, I'd forgot about it until this post and I never got around to fitting a replacement.

Other than that check all jets and adjustments against the manual, stock settings should be fine in the UK. 

58 minutes ago, totty79 said:

Check the tip of the idle adjuster and the area where it contacts the slide. I have the same adjuster and the tip wore and flaked quite a bit as well as wearing the slide and trapping flakes in the area, this caused the idle to change. After the initial wear it has been OK, I'd forgot about it until this post and I never got around to fitting a replacement.

Other than that check all jets and adjustments against the manual, stock settings should be fine in the UK. 

Thanks for that. Jitsie adjuster is new so will check that. What is the standard needle position (counted from the top)?