Kick start

LB208

Hi , I have a 2020 250 trs one rr and I find it really hard to kick start due to compression this is know becoming a game changer for me and I’m thinking of looking for something else, was wondering if there is anything I can do to make it easier to kick start? 

50 minuti fa, LB208 ha detto:

Ciao, ho 2020 250 trs one rr e trovo davvero difficile iniziare a causa della compressione, questo sta diventando un punto di svolta per me e sto pensando di cercare qualcos'altro, mivo se c'è qualcosa che posso fare per rendere più facile l 'avvio? 

Adesso la nuova trrs rr lo fa con il motorino di avviamento elettrico e ha la piccola batteria dietro il faro

Test-Trrs-RR-Avviamento-Elettrico-2020-4-1080x1620.jpg

Edited by Dede80
  • Like 2

There aren't that many options to be fair.

A low compression head is the best way to lower the compression, but an extra base gasket is used by some. Newer Betas apparently have a grove in the cylinder to make starting easier you could probably have your cylinder machined to match. I don't know if the TRS electric start can be retrofitted or if you'd need to buy a new bike to get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LB208 said:

Non molto aiuto qui 2 post che mi invitano a comprare una nuova bici e una che non capisco 😂 😂

it's the easiest way if you don't have the strength to set it in motion 😄😄

• Like 2

Not the same bike but an extra 1 mm base gasket added to a 270 Beta made it noticeably easier to kick.  The side effect was a slightly softer response.  It is inexpensive, easy to do and reversible.    

How about the trick where, with the bike in gear, you pull backwards on the bars to move the piston to top-dead-center then kick and go.  This way you don't fight the compression and the engine components get a little more momentum going into the ignition phase.  Takes about half the effort of 'normal' and costs nothing.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, rokhopr said:

How about the trick where, with the bike in gear, you pull backwards on the bars to move the piston to top-dead-center then kick and go.  This way you don't fight the compression and the engine components get a little more momentum going into the ignition phase.  Takes about half the effort of 'normal' and costs nothing.

A friend of mine owns a Gas Gas that won't even start unless you do this first! Then it kicks up first try.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 5:26 AM, Intotrials said:

A friend of mine owns a Gas Gas that won't even start unless you do this first! Then it kicks up first try.

This seems to help the learning curve, I did this for a while as it was the best chance of starting my bike (really good procedure) I still do it if I happen to be in gear but in neutral getting the feel of full compression and giving a hard quick kick does the task!

I was ready to do just about anything to help my starting problems, lower compression head, more base gasket, switch to a Dellorto carb that I previously had luck with. Thankfully my dealer wanted nothing to do with these and I just learned to get along with it! Worst case is a 3rd kick now.

The Gas Gas and the TRS needs a "fast kick", you have to find the best way for you to make it go with a fast kick. 

For me that way is with the left leg paralel to the bike, for others it mai be another position, any is good as long as it moving rapidly. 

The 4rt is the opposite, it needs a slow kick. 

Personally I prefer the TRS for easy start, as I'm used to the procedure. 

Just my experience. 

• Like 1