Starting Problems TXT 300

AvK

Hello, Let me introduce myself briefly. My name is Alex and I am an Gasgas enthusiast from Holland. I've been in the middle of hot fires, but now I'm clueless.

Herr’s my problem, I hoop you can help me?

Gasgas TXT 300 from 2004 does not want to start

What have I already done:

• Kick starter gear replaced. 
  • Replace ignition coil.
  • Replace CDI unit.
  • Replace the voltage regulator.
  • Carburetor ultrasonically cleaned. 
  • New spark plug.
  • New piston and cylinder replaced.

Strangely, he sometimes starts in 1 or 2 kicks but after stopping he starts very difficult (10 to 15 stairs) most of the time he doesn't start at all.

The screw for mixture is from bottom 2,5 turns out. When it is not running after several kicks it seems the cylinder is full of mixture. I can see that through the sparkplug hole.

It seems he is drowning in mixture

I followed most of the topics on this forum but nothing seems to help (or I do something wrong) 

I’m clueless, please help me

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

Take a picture of the bike, with focus around the carb. And post it here. Have you tried removing the gas cap when it does not start?

IMG_0972.thumb.JPG.b232d428b6002fd799a322ee9557456c.JPG

2 thoughts         1)   with the fuel turned on and the bike laying flat on the ground ( either side )     does fuel pour out onto the ground ?

2)   have you taken the flywheel off the check the woodruff key ?

9 hours ago, reggie said:

2 thoughts         1)   with the fuel turned on and the bike laying flat on the ground ( either side )     does fuel pour out onto the ground ?

Thanks Reggie, 

1) I will see this tonight. 

2) The woodruff key is in place. 

Strange is that the engine sometimes (mostly not) starts after 1 kick. When this happends the second time i need al least 10/ 15 kicks. 

Alex 

I assume you are running with an airbox fitted, is that just the adaptor fitted to the rear of the carb ?

If it starts and runs when cold then the ignition must all be in place I would suspect a blockage in the carb.

The times it refuses to start, you have to verify if you are getting spark or not. If it is flooding it`s a carb/intake or even a main seal issue. But the flooding could be from kicking it 20 times with no spark. A quick cheap other trick would be pull off the spark plug cap and cut the wire back a little to fresh wire and screw the cap back on. And double check the pins connecting the CDI, they have been known to push in or out of place.  Being 17 years old now, anything is possible.

20 hours ago, reggie said:

Hello Reggie,

1) I'll see fuel leeking when i put the bike on the richt site. Left is not leaking, richt is leeking.

2) Woodruff key is oké, in place.

Why do you ask about the leaking? 

6 hours ago, collyolly said:

I assume you are running with an airbox fitted, is that just the adaptor fitted to the rear of the carb ?

If it starts and runs when cold then the ignition must all be in place I would suspect a blockage in the carb.

Hai Collyolly, 

Yes thats an adapter mounted on my carburetor. Otherwise the air box does not fit. as il looks like this is an original part.

what do you ment bij 'blackage in the carb? 

3 hours ago, lineaway said:

The times it refuses to start, you have to verify if you are getting spark or not. If it is flooding it`s a carb/intake or even a main seal issue. But the flooding could be from kicking it 20 times with no spark. A quick cheap other trick would be pull off the spark plug cap and cut the wire back a little to fresh wire and screw the cap back on. And double check the pins connecting the CDI, they have been known to push in or out of place.  Being 17 years old now, anything is possible.

Hello Lineaway, 

I replaced the DCI unit, flywheel en voltage regulator compleet with the wiring. I chekt it and is looks oké. the strange thing is that, if it is not starting it still hase a spark.

8 hours ago, lineaway said:

Thats a good start. HAve you done a compression test?

I did this morning, stable just below 75 psi after a few kicks. measured several times with the same result

IMG_0974.JPG

Thats not enough to run if accurate. Whats the history on the bike? Did it run when you b ought it? Did it all of a sudden start having this issue. Could just be stuck rings. You probably should plan on taking it apart. But you would just pull thd header pipe off and take a look at the exhaust side if the piston. Post a pic if your not sure what you find. Good luck.

Edited by lineaway