Repsol 260 stalling it

Beta rev'3

After spending my life on Fantics and then Beta's I decided it was time for a change.

The bike sure does make you smile when you get on it but I seem to be good at stalling it and make a good effort to go over the handlebars, another good one is remebering to keep it topped up because of the lack of reserve tank.

The front end does seem heavy compared to my beta 

Anyone got any tips on how to not stalling it etc?

Thanks In advance

mick

Use the clutch more, keep the revs up. Back in the 80's I used to be always stalling my TLR and RTL 250's, they just don't plonk at low revs. Or put a BSA C15 engine in it if you want a proper trials engine, they are luverly...

I have a beta 4t and it does not tolerate bogging down like a 2t. (Too much load at too low an rpm). A pop and stall is the usual result but sometimes just a stall.  If I try, I can even bog it down in 5th gear and get it to do it.  I just have to avoid dropping  the rpm too low when letting out the clutch

• Like 1

I would tend to agree with Johnny Reggie, the last time I was getting with a stall and a pop I turned up my tickover and it fixed it strait away and the only other thing I have ever done that gets a pop and then stall is me at the end of the day when my finger is getting tired and I am being port with my clutch control and stall it. 

Not sure mcman56's comment would apply 100% as the Montesa 260 as its EFI where the Beta 4t runs a carb and has a lower tickover speed...

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Beta rev'3 said:

Thanks for the info guys, how easy is it to set a Tacho up to check the idle, I wouldn't say I was a natural mechanic...if you know what I mean 🙃

I am taking a guessing here, but are you talking something like this?  https://www.hardlineproducts.com/product/hourtach-meter/ (PS. I have no affiliation with this company, just like the meter and mount as I use them myself)

If so then I would say also add this.  https://www.hardlineproducts.com/product/hour-meter-instrument-style-mount/

You will need a slightly longer bolt for the tank/mount but that isn't to hard to find and install instructions are easy to follow as it really is just a matter of wrapping a wire around the spark plug lead and setting the tach/hour meter to the correct setting for 4t engines.