Sherpa T 250 mod 190

Crockett

Hi all!

I've searched for hours and didn´t get to a point, that's why I'm bothering you asking for help.

I have s Sherpa T 250 model 190 (1977 I supose). It is matching numbers but my "problem" is that these numbers are 8 digits instead of 9 digits (RM-190***90 / RB-190***90). I've checked a serial at the left crankcase that is 112-10Y019, what I think confirms that is a 250cc Sherpa/Alpina engine.

Does anyone know why it has these 8 digits if it is supposed to have 9???

Thanks in advance for any response.

Hi -

8 digit model/serial number is correct - who says it should have 9 ?

112-10Y019 is merely a casting/mould number and means little beyond as a means of identifying a basic crankcase casting.

I think  9th. digit would be a suffix letter  "A" or "B" on later variants of models 198/199 only  (but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

HTH 

Edited by lorenzo
clarity
  • Like 2

Can't really comment on very early Bultaco numbering, but it makes sense to me that Lobito model 19 would have a 7-digit serial, in common with most     (all ?) models up to at least model 99.

I have units of models 80, 85, 92 - all have 7-digit serial no.  Can't say at what point Bultaco went to 8-digit........logic says model 100 onwards, (to distinguish from 4-spd. Sherpa mod. 10), .......but I had a model 100 Pursang 125, still with a 7-digit serial .......

Maybe someone out there has the definitive answer ?

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 1