Value of this 1987 TR34?

PAULIE

What USD $ figure would you put on this?

• 300km showing on the fork mounted odo
  • Missing headlight/plate
  • non-original (?) exhaust silencer?
  • Seller says in the ad "Not currently running but I know it will run. Recently had the carb cleaned and got it to start and run but that was last summer so it probably needs to be done again." 
  • Seller also says "100% needs a new fuel shutoff switch and an oil change"

7-21-2021-2-53-06-PM.jpg

7-21-2021-2-57-40-PM.jpg

Any bike not currently running: $100, unless you plan on breaking it for parts.

If all it needs is a 'small piece of work' they would have done it to help it sell, this is a universal rule for buying anything mechanical.

• Like 3

Some people are not at all mechanically inclined and would rather just get rid rather than going to the bother of taking it into a shop and paying to have work done. Trials bikes of any description are so rare in North America that it's hard to say if 'market value' even exists. In that case they are worth whatever you are willing to pay. That looks to be in pretty good condition overall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bloomfield said:

Some people are not at all mechanically inclined and would rather just get rid rather than going to the bother of taking it into a shop and paying to have work done.

A fair point, though at that point if someone isn't mechanically inclined how would they know if the problem is simple / cheap or not?

I believe the bike has the common ignition problem with broken internal electronic components, not easy to fix. 

The most. common reason of bikes with incast electronic ignitions frim Motoplat or SEM.

Then parts are missing too, 

Then no information about road registration. 

Around 500 Euros or 500 $ or 500 GBP. 

I have a TR34 too a MK II from 1988 and that bike was complete came with paoers and was running, I just paid 1200 € and the bike had even the original decals. 

This bike is not and you don't know what issues are inside the engine or in terms of the bushings of the linkage of the rear and so on.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I ended up getting this bike. You’re all fools to think this bike isn’t worth that much. 

only made for 1 year and never sold in America. no wonder you idiots can’t find any information on it, you’ve just got no clue what you’re looking at. 

I now ride the bike around the woods almost every single day in the poconos, only thing the bike needed was a carb clean and gasoline. 

Find another 1987 beta TR34 for sale in America, go on, TRY. 

I’m European countries this is a $2000 bike maybe a bit more, then YOU pay to have the bike shipped over seas and pay the insurance and tell me what it costs all said and done. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 87BETA said:

I ended up getting this bike. You’re all fools to think this bike isn’t worth that much. 

only made for 1 year and never sold in America. no wonder you idiots can’t find any information on it, you’ve just got no clue what you’re looking at. 

I now ride the bike around the woods almost every single day in the poconos, only thing the bike needed was a carb clean and gasoline. 

I’m European countries this is a $2000 bike maybe a bit more, then YOU pay to have the bike shipped over seas and pay the insurance and tell me what it costs all said and done. 

You sound a nice person ....

11 hours ago, 87BETA said:

The Beta was imported to America by Cosmopoliton Motors starting in 1985. From '85 to '89 they were quite a popular bike in the trials community. We probably had a dozen or more in our club. You sill not find many around as they were rode to death. If rode hard the frame would break around were the coil mounts. Mine was rewelded 3 or four spots. At the time the bike made quick power, but the rear disc was quite a poor design and the rubber kit had to be replaced often.

I spent two decades riding Beta's after my first tr34.

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...