Bars...

Motopv

In hopes someone may know. 

I am looking to order a set of Renthal 673 bars for my '21 evo 300. Has anyone gone from stock to these? Looking to get maybe 1/2 in rise.

Not excited about changing geometry but, I have wrist and back problems going back to ama wera and afm roadracing days. Back is big challenge as i have bone to bone and various other issues. Well enough of that... I was hoping to find the stock dimensions on line of the OEM bars but unable and i am not near the bike for a few days. 

Thanks in advance if anyone can help 

I'd recommend using some bar risers to try on different heights and find what's comfortable.  My Cota has 1" risers, my TY about 3/4" on a custom top clamp, and my Sherco is stock (plus my enduro bike is higher than stock with risers, and none of my road bikes have stock bars on them because I'm not built like an average Asian person), it really depends on whats comfy for you.

Yes, I see your problem, those S3 adjustable clamps I suggested are of no use.

If your bars are Reikon "9003" then they have a height of 110mm, Renthal 673 are 100mm, Renthal 829 are 115mm but there's so much more to how they get to that end height, finding the right handlebar for oneself can be a costly exercise. 

Jitsie have a few options in their fatbar range if that's of any help...........

handlebar-286mm-55.jpg

Edited by fourex

2 hours ago, fourex said:

Bar risers are not an option, look at the pics he's put up of the Beta hinged clamp which is integral of the top triple clamp.

If the current clamps are bolted to the top yoke, an option would be to ditch them and replace with conventional bolt on clamps.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-HandleBar-Bar-Riser-Mount-Clamp-Adaptor-22-28mm-Dirt-Pit-Bike-ATV/352639832434?hash=item521af8d172:g:QW8AAOSwWw9coci6&pageci=eb8ea2b3-582b-4a03-8099-3c409f7ec25e&redirect=mobile

Edited by b40rt

10 hours ago, fourex said:

Yes, I see your problem, those S3 adjustable clamps I suggested are of no use.

If your bars are Reikon "9003" then they have a height of 110mm, Renthal 673 are 100mm, Renthal 829 are 115mm but there's so much more to how they get to that end height, finding the right handlebar for oneself can be a costly exercise. 

Jitsie have a few options in their fatbar range if that's of any help...........

handlebar-286mm-55.jpg

Ok yes the 118 rise should help.

thank you. Now to try to find as I am living in puerto vallarta mexico. Trial here is super rare. Hope to see it grow. There must be many like me with body beat up from roadracing and mx. I am new to this and hooked. 
by the way after 2 months maybe 4 or 5 liters run through bike I practice balance in my garage few minutes per day, it’s bit more difficult as surface slick concrete.  But motor off it’s few to maybe 5 seconds motor running 10 to best of around 30 seconds. I never thought this would be that difficult 🙈😂

Any tips greatly appreciated!

cheers

Edited by Motopv

13 hours ago, fourex said:

Bar risers are not an option, look at the pics he's put up of the Beta hinged clamp which is integral of the top triple clamp.

pretty sure this is what greychapel meant. They would work with the hinged clamp

P2SE_a4bdfc79-8304-4d5a-b623-5470db0f1645.jpg.fc9832801cd108094c3990e181444d72.jpg

• Like 1