MH 349

vader

Hi, new here and just acquired a MH 349 in bits. Sadly it appears to have different length fork legs and I was wondering which one is correct ?. Also would anyone know where to get another replacement please ?. The frame has been painted red at some time in the past and I’m not sure if this is the correct colour as I’ve seen others grey and black ?  Thanks.

165E9A64-BFFC-4FAF-BD4F-E2D33F49D623.jpeg

Edited by vader

I think they started out the same length and then the top bit was broken, probably when fitting ne seals. I've seen a couple of places repairing these. You might find it cheaper though to pick up a s/h assembly, these forks were fitted to many bikes including fantic SWM and Armstrong so they do turn up fairly regular

• Like 1

Left leg is wrong, right leg looks correct. Pull dust cover off and measure from top of alloy fork tube down to mudguard mounts, should be 60 mm. Common problem with left fork tube is that a previous owner has ridden the bike without the front brake stay being fully tensioned/tight resulting in it breaking away. They're as rare as hens teeth, MH part # M0CM1-35017H, Cota 349/4 part # IZQ.5139.017, Cota 350 part # IZQ.5139.01702. If you find any, please let me know, but nobody else . :ph34r:

MH 349 had a red frame, Cota 349/4 and 350 had silverish/greyish frames.

• Like 1