beta 3004t 2018 rear hub failure

bobb

Hello,

I broke the hub on my beta last week. The 4 mounting points for the sproket broke off.

Anyone else had these issues? I bought it of a mate in the UK and used it not that much. I ride the level under expert in Belgium club trials. 

UK importer will put a new hub in my wheel so no complaints there ! 

Is there anything i could do to make sure it doesnt happen again ? 

Kind regards Bob 

I know someone who had the same kind of failure.  He suspects that the sprocket bolts got loose and led to the failure so was extra careful with reassembly using good, bolts, washer, thread locker, etc.  It sounds like lacing those rims is no easy task. 

There are no superfluous fasteners on a modern day trials motorcycle ( all brands )    Modern day trials motorcycles need all of their nuts and bolts to be tight, so that everything works properly. The ONLY way to be sure that the nuts and bolts are tight is to check them. Particular attention should be given to    brake disc bolts   and rear sprocket bolts.

19 hours ago, mcman56 said:

I know someone who had the same kind of failure.  He suspects that the sprocket bolts got loose and led to the failure so was extra careful with reassembly using good, bolts, washer, thread locker, etc.  It sounds like lacing those rims is no easy task. 

I expect the cause is something to do with a 'lighter' design of rear sprocket that is 'open' between the sprocket fixings, unlike a continuous ring of metal, around all of the 4 sprocket bolts, that features on older bikes

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, johnnyboxer said:

I expect the cause is something to do with a 'lighter' design of rear sprocket that is 'open' between the sprocket fixings, unlike a continuous ring of metal, around all of the 4 sprocket bolts, that features on older bikes

That may well be the case here, i had one of those sprockets on my bike. My bolts were tight, i got the bolts replaced by better quality ones and locknuts when i got the bike. 

on the new hub i will fit an older style sprocket 

a mate is on his 3th rear hub now, every time replaced in warranty.

So there must be something wrong with those hubs, nothing wrong with beta service.

Does enyone know if an other brand rear wheel would fit into a beta ?   

16 minutes ago, bobb said:

a mate is on his 3th rear hub now, every time replaced in warranty.

So there must be something wrong with those hubs, nothing wrong with beta service.

Does enyone know if an other brand rear wheel would fit into a beta ?   

This will be one of the reasons Jitsie supply solid rear sprockets

https://www.jitsie.com/en/rear-sprockets/46364-closed-rear-sprocket-bt2806.html