I Am Saying Hello From Vancouver Island B.c.

racinguy

I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Greg and I am typing from Vancouver Island on the west coast of British Columbia Canada. I have two trials bikes #1 is 1979 TY250 and my newest one I bought is a 97 RTX 212 Trials. If anyone knows anything on this RTX bike could you maybe send me some links. It came with a owners manual written in felt pen along with an exploded pic of the clutch along with some specs of oil etc. It also has some phone # for the USA, but I thought I would try my luck on the internet first. I searched the interenet and was linked to a post written by one of the members here *petedad* who had transplanted a honda engige in place due to availability of parts. I emailed him and hopefully he has some leftovers for me. As this RTX 212 came in a box and the big end of the connecting rod is locked on the crank. :ph34r::hyper: I have probably said enuf here as this forum is intended for introductions not endless babbling. :D

I have absolutely no idea where Vancouver Island is as I am in denial. I'm sure it's a terrible place to live with no scenery of any note. I'd probably hate to live there :hyper:

Do you live anywhere near Stevey Fracy? :D I hate you all :ph34r:

But...welcome to TrialsCentral :D Sorry I don't have the RTX info for you, but you're bound to be in the right place for it if it's available. I don't suppose the RTX engine was Fantic related, just wondering due to the 212cc capacity whether it's related to the 240?

Bikespace (Canadian wannabe)

:hyper: Good one Gaz ! - Hey Racing guy - Hate to break this to you but that RTX you bought is a real orphan - like they were not very good when brand new - they were manufactured in England from parts built in Russia and the whole business went absolutely nowhere. - I spoke to the owner at the UK World Round back in 1995, ( Mick Andrews had showed a bit of interest and suggested I look at them) - but the guy seemed disinterested in the Canadian market - However he sold a container of bikes to some guy in California, who in turn sold some to Stan Amor ( now involved with Maple Ridge Motorsports BC) Stan sold a few bikes to unsuspecting dealers - some of these did not even have the plastics with them.

There was a dealer in Parksville who had a couple but he has since gone broke and now works at the Honda shop in Nanaimo. - Are you beginning to get the picture?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - I sell Beta & Sherco out of Vernon BC and do ship parts to some riders on "The Rock" - Always glad to talk Trials so feel free to call anytime (250) 545-6139 -website www.outlawtrials.com.

:hyper: Thanks Outlaw Dave you cemented my suspicions about this bike. I had never heard of it before and at the price $200 I didn't think I could go wrong but maybe I did. :ph34r: In the mean time I have split the case and got the big end to move freely. Needles look not too bad (aren't blue) but can assume the hard surfacing is damaged. The crank bearings sound OK. Pistons isn't scored and the wrist pin looks great. I think maybe I will reassebmle and run. Truth is if I can't get any parts I'm not really hurting anything except my @ home time. :D I know that pretty pirmative but so is the inside of this thing. :D Besides I never am far from the trailer. In the mean time if some parts come your way or anyone elses for that matter PM me and I will respond. Thanks Greg