Pre 65 Future & Pre 65 Rules

ttspud

On 9/5/2021 at 9:54 PM, ttspud said:

====== ORIGINAL SUB-CLASS =======

Motorcycles built with original components from a mix of eligible motorcycles can be entered within the Original sub-class.

The following MUST BE original components:

Frame

Engine

Petrol Tank

Gearbox

Clutch

Carburettor

Ignition System

Hubs

Forks

Exhaust System

Mudguards

Seat

Allowable modifications to ‘original components’:

Footrest and pedal placement may be moved on the frame

Footrests may be replaced with any compliant alternative

Exhaust system may be re-routed but must remain the original material

Carburettor can be replaced by Amal Mark 1 concentric carburettor

Mudguard stays can be modified

Any chain tensioner can be modified or added

Petrol tanks can be re-manufactured in alloy to the exact same design & dimensions as the original part

Any gear ratios

ttspud as im a a dimwit ,idiot not knowing the rules can you explain how a modified bike is still original if its modified ?  ttspud your rules , So  just to be clear   rider A dose no allowed mods   rider b dose all the mods  so which is riding a original bike  ?  A or B or both  ? 6years on and your  rules clear as mud 

37 minutes ago, on it said:

how a modified bike is still original if its modified ?

Sure.  The mods there were all mods which were typically applied to the bikes before 1965.  If you watch any videos of the period, you will see what I mean.  There was a Prestige sub-class in the earlier version, and that can be restored to the rules if there is a demand for that, as in not even allowing the mods you see there.

16 hours ago, ttspud said:

Sure.  The mods there were all mods which were typically applied to the bikes before 1965.  If you watch any videos of the period, you will see what I mean.  There was a Prestige sub-class in the earlier version, and that can be restored to the rules if there is a demand for that, as in not even allowing the mods you see there.

sorry but no this is a original class !  what YOU want    So  any mods not as the bike was made original  or left the factory ( original the earliest  form of something )so i ask again which rider is riding  a original bike A or B  .Also any modified bike ("is a cheat bike and a cheat rider saying its something its not" your words)  therefore goes in  class M and not O 

Edited by on it
add

I am very much with Woody regards enjoying trials while we can. Whatever type of bike we enjoy riding the sport needs youngsters on modern bikes. To give these younger riders and other new starters the desire to carry on the clubs who cater for them deserve to thrive. I rode twinshocks, with no great success in the sections, but really enjoyed the ride round. When the first monoshocks appeared they did not appeal. Observing today at club and centre level trials it is often the case a rider on a twinshock or pre-65 bike who can produce some really good rides on the same course as the modern bikes. Clubs do run easier trials for all-comers, our local club runs these on summer evenings. For those people who want a ride on their twinshocks and pre-65's why not try these easier club trials? If the sections are too hard ask for a five and enjoy the ride round and the crack with the other riders. Throughout the whole history of trials only a slack handful of people have actually made a living out of riding a trials bike so everyone else is presumably there to some degree for enjoyment. If the thought of riding a pre-65 or twinshock bike in an easy general club trial is daunting what about observing and using your old bike to reach your section? Some clubs still run trials with a good long lap and a bike is a good way of reaching a remote section. When a struggling new rider reaches your section give them encouragement, those riders wanting to carry on help preserve the sport. When the flags are pulled up at the end of the trial crank up your old bike for a gallop back to the start.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Correct me if I'm wrong ttspud but from what I can see you want to implement a set of rules for p65 bikes that only allows period mods?  As others have tried to allude to are you fully aware of what mods were being carried out in period?  Lightweight Reynolds tubed frames, alloy rims, magnesium crank cases, better shock absorbers, modified front suspension, hubs from different bikes...... as they say in investing circles DYOR and a caveat please don't ask me to prove it, I'm at work and I don't have the time....

Edited by der_trials

10 hours ago, tayld said:

I am very much with Woody regards enjoying trials while we can. Whatever type of bike we enjoy riding the sport needs youngsters on modern bikes. To give these younger riders and other new starters the desire to carry on the clubs who cater for them deserve to thrive. I rode twinshocks, with no great success in the sections, but really enjoyed the ride round. When the first monoshocks appeared they did not appeal. Observing today at club and centre level trials it is often the case a rider on a twinshock or pre-65 bike who can produce some really good rides on the same course as the modern bikes. Clubs do run easier trials for all-comers, our local club runs these on summer evenings. For those people who want a ride on their twinshocks and pre-65's why not try these easier club trials? If the sections are too hard ask for a five and enjoy the ride round and the crack with the other riders. Throughout the whole history of trials only a slack handful of people have actually made a living out of riding a trials bike so everyone else is presumably there to some degree for enjoyment. If the thought of riding a pre-65 or twinshock bike in an easy general club trial is daunting what about observing and using your old bike to reach your section? Some clubs still run trials with a good long lap and a bike is a good way of reaching a remote section. When a struggling new rider reaches your section give them encouragement, those riders wanting to carry on help preserve the sport. When the flags are pulled up at the end of the trial crank up your old bike for a gallop back to the start.

I'd like to be able to like this post more than once - I couldn't say it any better myself :)