Beta rev 3 mikuni problem

NewriderRev3

Hello all! 

(sry for my english, i am from italy) 

I want repair the beta rev3 270ccm (2007) from my brother, this bike is never working good, has always a problem whith leaking gas... 

When i open the gas (the bike is off) its leaking gas out of the carb..(the carb is clean and the neadle looks not bad) 

I hath reading billyt carb mod but ist hard do understand it with my english... 

I have found this pic on the forum from @dan williamsnow i have please a question:

1: the red line is the right setting of the tangs?

2: the green line is the right setting of the little tab, to stop the tangs from fall down(1/16 over top left hand lower tower)? 

On the pic from @billyt, is the setting of the tangs much higher?

What is now right? 

Thank you! 

Screenshot_20210909_200318_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210909_202554_com.android.chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, lineaway said:

The dotted green line is correct by Billy. I have used that setting myself on various Beta models 

The pic with the dotted green line is from dan, the pic with the script "correct height" is from billy

You mean the setting like this pic is right? 

DSCF1542.JPG.020e1995eb975fa90b94cd5ee4bf91a1.jpeg

Edited by NewriderRev3

12 minutes ago, Goudrons2 said:

Make sure the inlet valve is working and shutting off the gas when the tang rests on it.

If dirt has got in to it or the seal on the tip of the  plunger has rotted away, it'll never shut off the fuel no matter what height the tang/float is.

Hi, it is all clean and working, i have this testing with the carb on the table. 

I blow air with my mouth in the opening from the gas and de needle hold all closing

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta be honest, I have the same bike/year and I really hate this carb. Mine doesn't leak, mind you, but I gotta set the air screw everyday. Carburation, expecially down low, is extremely sensible.

I'm considering a few options... Polini makes pretty good PWK clones, a 28mm one would be a perfect match as the 2008 Rev had the Keihin PWK 28 and it was much better than ours thanks to that upgrade.