Air cooled mono pros/cons?

NoTraction

5 hours ago, ChrisCH said:

Cool.  I can only add that I wish you every bit of luck possible in finding something nice at a good price.  I also started on a 15 hundred budget and ended up with the TRS (£3,600)  It has been a good purchase for me.  There are still some nails about even at that price though.

Thanks Chris. I definitely don’t have that budget for now, too many toys already! But it’s interesting to see well used bikes 15 years old for sale for £1500 - £2k and yet there are bikes maybe only 3-5 years old for around the £3k mark. Obviously the newer ones are better value, but are the overpriced bikes actually selling? I would guess a lot of them are hanging around for a while. I’ve got my eye on a couple of Betas and will be making tentative offers when I get back from holiday if they are still for sale….

25 minutes ago, Hughie said:

Obviously the newer ones are better value, but are the overpriced bikes actually selling? I would guess a lot of them are hanging around

Not sure any of that is true, what are you basing your "guess" on ?

This is such a difficult topic as each to their own, etc. and ‘value’ is surely what it is worth to you personally (& then costs and capital gain or loss in the long run). 
Hughie - one thought might be to get to a local trial and/or practice ground and have a look at bikes and chat to folk in person. Saw you’re Bucks/Oxon border and there are plenty of clubs in the area. Oxford Ixion, HUX, Milton Buzzard and Berko to name four. And the latter three have practice grounds. 

33 minutes ago, rr62 said:

This is such a difficult topic as each to their own, etc. and ‘value’ is surely what it is worth to you personally (& then costs and capital gain or loss in the long run). 
Hughie - one thought might be to get to a local trial and/or practice ground and have a look at bikes and chat to folk in person. Saw you’re Bucks/Oxon border and there are plenty of clubs in the area. Oxford Ixion, HUX, Milton Buzzard and Berko to name four. And the latter three have practice grounds. 

Thank you. Ixion is my closest. I knew about Milton Buzzard but not the other two, I’ll check them out. Bike wise, as suggested by Chris I’ll just buy the newest and best I can find for what I want to spend, guessing it will end up being a Beta Rev. Time to focus on getting a suitable bike, my questions have all been answered. Thank you all for your wisdom and advice 🙂

• Like 1