Braktec rear brake - Only one pot moves

Joe@Trial

Hi All,

When cleaning the rear brake (2021 braktec) and I've clearly got some air in the system when pushing the brake pots\pistons back in as the brake now doesn't work at all.

I've taken the brake off the bike, reverse bled (several times to make sure all the air is out, hung the reservoir up high, tapped the line etc) but now only one pot\piston comes out when I put the brake on (off the bike still).

I assume that I've unaligned the pot\piston when pushing it back in, and that's why it's stuck. I also assume the solution is to take the caliper apart, pull the pot out, put it back in straight and re-bleed?

Any tips or ideas before I start taking the brake apart?

Cheers

Firmly clamp the one that moves, pump it some more and see if the other one starts to work, if it does pump each one in turn 1/2 way out and push it back a few times to see if it settles down to working properly.

If it's all the way in then it should be in square, if there was air in the system it'd be spongy, seal damage or dirt in the seal grove is a possible cause (assuming the piston is undamaged)

Edited by totty79
  • Like 1