TRS Oil Fuel Ratio

evo boy

On 9/22/2021 at 11:52 AM, marky dee said:

50 ml oil 5 litres...!!!

This is 1% mixture, I have used during the last 10 years an oil mixture of 65 cc on 8 litres which is 0,8%, I know people that go as low as 0,4% succesfully, I would not recommend that low to anyone as it is difficult to measure specially on a 5 litres can. 

Just a comment on how good systhetic 2 stroke oils are nowadays. 

• 10 months later...

Has anyone noticed any performance differences with oil ratio?

I ask as this afternoon we have been for a couple of hours practice and I mixed some 100:1 just for the TRS.  I don't normally bother and mix about 80:1 (12ml in 1L) for both my bike and the wife's Beta.  The old petrol in the tank was the previous 80ish mix and this was unusual for me.  The bike had gone onto reserve so mixed 1.5L at 100 specifically for the TRS and filled it up.  I noticed (well I think I did) it was more responsive and ran more "crisp".

Does this make sense or am I just imagining it?  The change was more or less instant.

As background, this is a new to me bike.  The current high price of old bikes gave me a cracking trade in deal on my old '17 280RR so bought a '22 250RR couple of weeks back.  The old 280 I had always run on the 80ish mixture and it was OK.  This 250 was a bit sluggish compared to the old bike but I figured it is smaller cc so that is why.  (Still far more than I need).

Any opinions welcome - new one on me.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:03 PM, ChrisCH said:

Has anyone noticed any performance differences with oil ratio?

I ask as this afternoon we have been for a couple of hours practice and I mixed some 100:1 just for the TRS.  I don't normally bother and mix about 80:1 (12ml in 1L) for both my bike and the wife's Beta.  The old petrol in the tank was the previous 80ish mix and this was unusual for me.  The bike had gone onto reserve so mixed 1.5L at 100 specifically for the TRS and filled it up.  I noticed (well I think I did) it was more responsive and ran more "crisp".

Does this make sense or am I just imagining it?  The change was more or less instant.

As background, this is a new to me bike.  The current high price of old bikes gave me a cracking trade in deal on my old '17 280RR so bought a '22 250RR couple of weeks back.  The old 280 I had always run on the 80ish mixture and it was OK.  This 250 was a bit sluggish compared to the old bike but I figured it is smaller cc so that is why.  (Still far more than I need).

Any opinions welcome - new one on me.

Are you sure it wasn’t simply because the fuel was fresh/better quality? Any engine will feel more crisp and responsive when you put fresh cold petrol in after it has been using stuff that’s even a fortnight old. 

7 hours ago, Nishijin said:

Are you sure it wasn’t simply because the fuel was fresh/better quality? Any engine will feel more crisp and responsive when you put fresh cold petrol in after it has been using stuff that’s even a fortnight old. 

Definate - it was the same 4T from the old mix.  Quite wiling to accept it was just me or something else.  Just wondered if anyone else had aver experienced anything similar.  I will log it up to the X Files. 🙂