Tyre fitting

AlanC

Use this https://www.trialsuk.co.uk/Pro-Clean-Tyre-Lube---250ml Brush all around rim and bead then inflate tyre with airline without a valve, tyre should bead easily.

Never use washing up liquid or silicone sealant as both contain salts and will corrode the rim. If its already damaged by corrosion remove the valve stem from the rim band and fit a tube.

Edited by trialsrfun

I am always cautious when going past 60-70 to get a tire on.  If a good amount of quality tire lube and heating the tire up in the sun first isn't doing the trick I use an air chuck with a clip and then set the tire around a corner and then turn up the regulator tell it sets the bead or hits 100 and stop. 

I have only ever had to go up to 100 but have heard some go up to 110 to get one to set.  Also, once I started using a high quality tire lube I haven't yet had to go past 80... so far anyway. 

Air chuck examples: (mine is like the second one but not the same brand)

https://www.amazon.com/RamPro-Compressor-Connector-Accessories-Inflator/dp/B07N9773DN/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=air+compressor+inflator+with+clip&qid=1633192137&sr=8-8

or

https://www.amazon.com/AstroAI-Inflator-Compressor-Accessories-Yellow/dp/B078WVQTN6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=air+compressor+inflator+with+clip&qid=1633192137&sr=8-3

Well thanks everyone for all the help. I got the tyre on properly, did a trial today and the tyre was fine. Turns out the main problem was not using proper tyre soap, beading wax, whatever you want to call it. I bought some, put a ton of it on the tyre inside and out, and it popped at about 60/70 psi I think, with the valve stem removed, after 3 goes of pumping it up. Pity I wasn't good enough today to warrant a new tyre. Ah well, maybe next time. At least it's bedded in now!

Thanks

Alan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 7:12 PM, AlanC said:

Well thanks everyone for all the help. I got the tyre on properly, did a trial today and the tyre was fine. Turns out the main problem was not using proper tyre soap, beading wax, whatever you want to call it. I bought some, put a ton of it on the tyre inside and out, and it popped at about 60/70 psi I think, with the valve stem removed, after 3 goes of pumping it up. Pity I wasn't good enough today to warrant a new tyre. Ah well, maybe next time. At least it's bedded in now!

Thanks

Alan

dont forget a tyre has two edges