Oset 24 max amps draw

Oded

replaced the stock Oset 24r controller with a different model.

installed potentiometers on the throttle's +5v and ground wire, and tweaked them until I managed to tame the acceleration to my liking, and vanish the dead band of the throttle, when applying power.

measured the max amp draw at full throttle from stand still on a high traction surface (no wheel spin) - 55 amps. is this reasonable for this model? too low? too high?

Edited by Oded

Someone can correct me, but as far as I know it has 1.4kW DC motor
Watts = Amps x Volts

1400W / 48V = ~30A, but keep in mind electric motor can draw much higher amps under a load (accelerating). But... When accelerating, the peak Amps can be 55A, although I would guessed something around 45A. In the end the question is what is the average amperage it draws and what is the timeframe it draws 55.

14 minutes ago, kasper said:

Someone can correct me, but as far as I know it has 1.4kW DC motor
Watts = Amps x Volts

1400W / 48V = ~30A, but keep in mind electric motor can draw much higher amps under a load (accelerating). But... When accelerating, the peak Amps can be 55A, although I would guessed something around 45A. In the end the question is what is the average amperage it draws and what is the timeframe it draws 55.

I agree, however the stock Oset 24 is equipped with a 50 (continous) & 130 amp peak controller.

Also, a 250 amp fuse is installed on the main wire. So, I guess my 55 peak amp draw may be quite low compared to stock Osets, but not sure.