Villiers engines and Aspen fuel

greevesman

Has anyone used Aspen fuel in Villiers engines and did you use Aspen 4 and use your own twostroke oil or the ready mixed Aspen 2 ?

Was it better than pump fuel and was there a noticeable improvement ?

I know its alot more expensive but is it worth it as I only use my bike a few time a year .

Its a very clean fuel and won't harm any equipment its used in. I use it now mainly in my elderly Stihl chainsaws that would die quickly on E10. I also use use it in my AJS,C15 and J9 James. The best thing for me about it is that I don't get headaches from the chainsaw fumes anymore. Its brilliant stuff, only the cost puts me off ! But like you I don't use much so its not a big problem.

• Like 1

Been using aspen for about 5 years now mix my own 2t. Just bought 25 litres of fuel from classic fuel solutions no ethanol. Got lead in it like petrol used to be 105 octain. 3 -5 year shelf life. Yet to try it. It's cheaper than aspen.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:28 AM, feetupfun said:

I'm in the process of trying to find an Australian supplier for Aspen 2

Good luck with that David, last time I was over my brother and I tried to find a supplier, even Stihl dealers didn't have or even know about their version of it. My brother is a small engine dealer in Perth and none of his connections either knew of it or who could get it...

1 hour ago, jon v8 said:

Good luck with that David, last time I was over my brother and I tried to find a supplier, even Stihl dealers didn't have or even know about their version of it. My brother is a small engine dealer in Perth and none of his connections either knew of it or who could get it...

Same here in Gladstone so far with small engine shops. I'm still waiting for a reply from Aspen

• Like 1

Any Alkylate petrol would be about the same.

But Aspen is one of the oldest and best.

They also produce high octane racing petrol (Aspen+ and Aspen R)

Think Aspen is looking for distributors worldwide

https://www.aspenfuels.com/contact/become-a-dealer/

As fas as I know, their main business is chain saws and garden machinery

• Like 1