Ossa identification

wiyon

Hi

I am new to Ossa and would appreciate some help with the identification of my bike, cc, model and year of manufacture I originally believed the bike to be a Mick Andrews replica 250cc approximately 1975.

I have looked on Ossa frame and engine number lists and cannot find this one, the frame number is B430092 and engine number M430092. Also is anyone aware where I might be able to purchase a manual/service repair/parts list book for this bike.

Thank you in advance

Wiyon

20211026_200542.jpg

20211026_200558.jpg

20211026_200600.jpg

It certainly is 1975 vintage and looks exactly like mine apart from yours having a British fuel tank. I too have looked through on-line OSSA ID lists and not seen a prefix 43 model mentioned.

I have a suspicion that your bike model may be very rare hence not well known enough to be listed. The production sequence number on yours (92) is extremely low which could also align with there being not many of them made.

I'm wondering if it might originally been a 175cc Mk2 MAR rather than a 250cc Mk2 MAR

• Like 1

Prefix 43 is a '75 310cc MAR. 

There are a couple of chassis prefixes that are missing from the ID charts for some reason

Fingers crossed your engine is in good order as the 310 cranks can crack around the pin and are like rocking horse teeth and 310 pistons are also very hard to find

• Like 2