What Security Do You Have?

ned1

ground anchor with insurance approved lock and chain,another chain and lock round a big heavy work bench and a master blaster siren on the alarm. if the scum gets in the garage they are going out of it deaf with 127db of siren .also got the bike insured if the worst happens.don,t think theres much more i can do!!

just make it as difficult as you can to nick`em.I have g clamps holding the garage door shut and always park car close up.at back of garage is a door to the garden.I have a sheet of 3/4 plywood on the inside held with heavy duty fixings.,and the bikes are chained down.Its no guarantee of against theft butnobody can just walk in and wheel`em away,hopefully they`l get p***ed of trying!

In A shed... with trip wires which activate closing iron bars on the door and a blast of an blank shotgun cartridge and a siren goes off , which automatically calls the police to come straight to my house. And did i mention a chain and locks ?

Hehehe i wish... as we are on the topic i need simple insurance to cover my bike incase it gets stolen but i dont want it so its insured to ride cos that puts the price up. Any ideas cheers ahead (sorry ned if it looks like im stealing ur thread )

I had a mate who bought a brand new Honda fireblade in 1994 parked it up in the back of his garage, chained, alarmed etc parked his car in front of it locked the garage door. Came out one morning to find the blade gone it had been lifted over the car and away ( the blade wasnt a trials bike 180kg!!!!!!) B)

Right now the bike is in the shop, which is locked and has an alarm. When it's at the cottage (In the "super shed"), it has two locks around it and 3 other machines, and the super shed is locked with a heavy metal door and two padlocks. We've never run into anything getting stolen, but then again, It's better to be safe than sorry..

edit: Do you think one of these braided cable locks could stand up against a thief? I guess you could burn it off with torches (if they were available), But it definatly feels like you couldn't use a hacksaw to get through it.. I could be wrong though. I use a lock like this one through the frame of my ty and my dad's quad, and a few other family-friends bikes that are stored there. I don't use a big chain because I don't want to harm the ty because I just painted it. BUT, if it will keep it from being stolen, I'll use what ever I have to.

Here is a lock similar to the two I use (when it's at the cottage shed), would this help?

B0009W7CP0.01-A3NN9THRUBU1AW._SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif

Edited by Jackman

B) Garage door bar ( bolted inside to the concrete floor).

Ground anchor and two chains with disc locks.

One D- shackle lock.

Gararge rigged to house alarm.

Dog (doesn't have to be fierce-- just needs good hearing like most dogs do).

Car parked up against garage door.

Two years ago I got a night-time visit from the professionals (not Bodie and Doyle),they were prepared to spend some time getting to my bike.

They moved my car (manually)and lifted the block paving on my drive to try to get underneath the door bar.. with no success I'm glad to say .

They moved on to my neighbour's garage(identical house to mine except no extra security) and totally ransacked the joint--mountain bikes, golf clubs, tools..everything.

The lesson here is you MUST make it as difficult as possible for the'pond life'that floats around our streets.

...and err..don't lend your dog out to Grandma for company ( I dont think the scum could have dug up my drive if my dog was in the house!!??).

Concentrate on what you should do before they visit.. not what you'll do to the ba****ds when they've nicked your hobby! :boldblue:

at home i have a dog who growls at anything so he protects my bike as it is locked in the garage.

However i often leave it round at my mates house where he has a shed inside a shed and on the door of the inside shed we always line up LOTS of party poppers and if the door is opened BANG! if this does not wake him up the we made something else this week.

At school we had to build something with a mercury tilt switch so we rummaged around in the cupboards and found them. We wired these onto a circuit connected to a siren and this is LOUD (can be heard from more than a mile away, probably illegal) so we rest these on our sump guards and if they move.......

A big tip for ground anchors. When installing, go to your local DIY store and buy a packet of the cement which will set underwater. (Plumbers use it around old ouside pipes> This stuff sets so hard, that thieving toe rags will NEVER get your anchor out of the ground. It is seriously hard, you can hit it with a sledge hammer, and the hammer will bounce. Highly recommended!!

Top tip 2. Get a very large dog!

Top tip 3. Land mines, trip wires and bazookas B)