How do you carry stuff: phones, wallets, keys ?

jacuerro

I am slowly planning on my trial riding gear.

Now, one thing I've noticed is that there is not much storage provided in most of the riding apparel (pants/ jerseys). I am used to having plethora of pockets in my ADV riding jacket :)

I don't plan to carry a lot of stuff with me, but some essentials ( phone / wallet / car keys ). How do you carry stuff like this while trial riding?

Bum bags ( waist packs / fanny packs ), back packs? Which of those do you find convenient?

Personally, I don't carry anything apart from my car key (in the one and only pocket of my trials trousers). I don't fancy falling on my phone or tools, and I wouldn't use them during a trial anyway. Water is about the only thing I feel a need to carry. So far I've relied on stopping off at the car between laps, but I might get a camelbak for next summer.

• Like 1

Depends, at a normal trial, nothing I just leave my car keys on top of one of the tyres or something and just pop back to stuff my face with chocolate and milkshakes.

If I'm on a trial that has road work then I have an Acerbis (I think) enduro bum bag that has space for essential tools, spare spark plug, etc.

If I'm just riding from home out into the woods to muck about for a couple of hours then I take a mini backpack that was made for a camelback, it fits two half-litre bottles of water, a pack of tissues, my phone, and my house keys, but nothing else.

Depends what I wear, during a competition I only take with me the car keys and leave all other stuff inside the car. 

The key comes into the pants pockets if I wear normal pants. 

When I wear the elastic pants the key comes inside the jacket pockets.

When it is very hot I put the key inside the piggy pack. 

When doing training at my training ground I don't lock anything when I ride at our trials competitions in my region I leave the key at the car or the trailer unvisible to a view.

8 hours ago, stpauls said:

Why not get a pair of panniers and a top box a la BMW.  You could then put all your stuff in them and carry it all around the sections.  Don't understand why we don't see more of this sort of thing.

Could get a set built for trials bikes... :ph34r:
https://jbanyeres.com/en/chassis/2601-bolsas-sobre-deposito-universales-para-moto-de-trial.html?search_query=bags&results=1

Thanks for all your comments.

Some of the trousers I've seen (both trials and MX) don't have any pockets. Hence my question.

Some of them have very small and tight one close to the body, and I am not sure about putting a key in there ( my car hey isn't one of thos collapsible ones ). I am guessing it may pose some risk in case of unfotunate fall down.

2 hours ago, jacuerro said:

Thanks for all your comments.

Some of the trousers I've seen (both trials and MX) don't have any pockets. Hence my question.

Some of them have very small and tight one close to the body, and I am not sure about putting a key in there ( my car hey isn't one of thos collapsible ones ). I am guessing it may pose some risk in case of unfotunate fall down.

Plastic zip tie to the handlebars and tuck it under the bar pad 🙂

Edited by suzuki250

18 hours ago, stpauls said:

Why not get a pair of panniers and a top box a la BMW.  You could then put all your stuff in them and carry it all around the sections.  Don't understand why we don't see more of this sort of thing.

What about a USB plug for the satnav?