How do you carry stuff: phones, wallets, keys ?

jacuerro

18 hours ago, stpauls said:

Why not get a pair of panniers and a top box a la BMW.  You could then put all your stuff in them and carry it all around the sections.  Don't understand why we don't see more of this sort of thing.

You can always be a pioneer!

• 1 year later...

Fanny pack 👍 first aid kit, smart phone, lighter, sewing kit, small tire pump, low pressure gauge, drinks, candies, zip ties and assorted small wrenches.  Wear it off to one side if you are fearful of landing on the phone.  Anything attached to your body does not make the bike heavier.  Keys, cash and anything I don't need out in the woods gets locked in the truck or left at home.  Anything that needs to be water-proofed goes into a plastic bag.  Swiss Army knife is always on my belt and that covers a blade, scissors, file, screw drivers, pen, tweezers, tooth-pick, corkscrew and a wood saw blade, it also has an awl that is great for drilling holes through plastic so you can field repair Beta fenders.

... if you wanted to carry all that stuff in yer pockets you'd need to be wearing cargo pants, if you wanted to strap it to the bike it would make your bike weigh an additional 1 or 2 pounds 😆 lot of people pay big bucks on titanium bits just to reduce their motorcycles weight by 1 or 2 pounds.

• 2 months later...

I always carry a hydration pack, I have the Klim NacSack I think it's called. I always have a small set of tools in there, a saw, some first aid supplies, a snack, keys, phone, wallet stuff, and a few other bits. Can be heavy but I can always take it off during a section. For the most part this pack is well balanced on my back so I don't really notice it there. It also has room for a fuel bottle should I decide to carry extra fuel.