Is the gasgas any better now

Robert n

7 hours ago, faussy said:

Didn't think they were built particularly bad before the takeover, any specific part you are referring to?

Iv always fancied one but was told the gearboxes are made of chocolate and iv seen alot of the older ones  with rust on the frames  im thinking of coming from a vertigo to gasgas  thanks 

I own two 2008's; one for me and one for my son. They bring a smile to our faces every weekend. But I'm prepared to wrench on them. I've modified the shocks to be easily recharged. And I'm prepared to cobble things together to make them work. No issues. No plans to replace.

• Like 1

The only slight weakness of the gearbox id say is when the shift lever return mechanism or 'top hat' breaks. This is usually only through rough treatment and also an easy fix. Ive had 5 ggs since 2010 and never had gearbox problems yet. Sometimes the clutch plates need modifying to get a perfect clutch, but cant say ive ever had an unusable clutch. Never heard of frames rusting, only rust ive had is where your boots rub through the paint at the footrests. Dog bones are a pain, but this is pretty consistent with most bikes. Hidria ignitions can be temperamental, but these are also used on other brands so not necessarily as GG related problem

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert n said:

Thanks for your replies everyone  is the gp worth the extra money thanks 

Thats a more difficult question lol. If you're an expert rider, have the spare money, and like an extra bit of bling, yes. Otherwise no.

After all its only really the carbon airbox, better rear shock and a couple other small engine pieces. Ive never had one, never felt the need, but im always cash strapped

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, faussy said:

Thats a more difficult question lol. If you're an expert rider, have the spare money, and like an extra bit of bling, yes. Otherwise no.

After all its only really the carbon airbox, better rear shock and a couple other small engine pieces. Ive never had one, never felt the need, but im always cash strapped

When iv been looking  i can get a year or two newer racing than a gp for my budget  if the price is close and one year in it would you still go for a newer racing or older gp thanks