2015 Evo 300 Fuel problem

evo boy

Hi all. I went out on my factory 300 Sunday was going like a dream after 3/4 hours of riding it started to hunt and knock and wouldn't idle. It's like it was running out of fuel. I carbs is all clean and it has load a fuel do the stuffer with fuel tap problems?

Double check the fuel cap is venting or just remove it and make sure fuel is entering the bowl and clean the carb. If it still acts the same, get a new jet tower o ring and remove the jet tower and clean out the passages at the same time.

7 hours ago, lineaway said:

Double check the fuel cap is venting or just remove it and make sure fuel is entering the bowl and clean the carb. If it still acts the same, get a new jet tower o ring and remove the jet tower and clean out the passages at the same time.

Thank for the reply lineaway. OK when you say a jet tower O ring I've just look on splat shop and can't seem to find one? I thought I'd change it anyway. Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Blocked pilot jet?  Pull out the tap and in tank filter and clean out the ally fuel tank.  New to me 2017 Evo had a fair amount of metal swarf still in there from it's manufacture.  I attached a hose pipe to the hole for the tap and poured about five tankfulls of kero through it.  Also fit an extra clear filter in the hose to the carb.  My brother just bought a new Evo and got a stuck float valve immediately with metal swarf coming out of the in frame ally tank. 

1 hour ago, ascended_master said:

Blocked pilot jet?  Pull out the tap and in tank filter and clean out the ally fuel tank.  New to me 2017 Evo had a fair amount of metal swarf still in there from it's manufacture.  I attached a hose pipe to the hole for the tap and poured about five tankfulls of kero through it.  Also fit an extra clear filter in the hose to the carb.  My brother just bought a new Evo and got a stuck float valve immediately with metal swarf coming out of the in frame ally tank. 

There are 2 types of fuel filters that I know about.  The screened type. The sintered bronze type- sintered could be spelled incorrectly.  I prefer the sintered bronze type, It can filter smaller junk out better. in my humble opinion--