Thumb Throttle on a trials bike

leosantanalg

I'm really surprised it's not more ergonomic ... like, even on a farm quad or something it doesn't look comfortable to use!

The road bike I use for commuting at the moment has a sticky indicator switch and when I'm turning left I have to keep pressure on it (often while doing the clutch at the same time), and by the time I get to work my hands killing me if I don't Spanish it up a bit* - and that's closer to my thumb than this looks.

*not use the indicators

4 hours ago, b40rt said:

Can the position of the throttle be adjusted ? If looks to be about 90° out for comfortable use. 

Yes but only on 90 degree increment and the next position would make comfortable to start throttle but impossible to go full throttle.  It's really a shame that we don't have one specifically designed for trials. It would definitely work well and become a matter of preference. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We swapped our quad throttle to a trials bike twist throttle as it was easier to use on the road and in the field. It was hard to maintain a set revs on a thumb throttle 

I ended up having to swap it back as it was dangerous for the lads who work for us not being used to a twist throttle. 

I never thought of putting the thumb throttle on my sherco!

my wife thinks she wants one on her gas gas but I explained that she needs her thumb to grip!

• Like 1