Beta Rev 3 advice

Roryhynes750

I did that on a 2008 Rev 3 and believe it will work on all years.  There is a bush pressed into the small end of the rod that needs to be pushed out to accept the 250 needle bearing.  You will need the piston kit, cylinder and head.  After that, it is plug and play.  Exhaust, carb and everything else fits.    

Although you will see some listed specifications saying otherwise, I understand that the Beta 200 has always been a small bore 250 not a big bore 125 like other brands.  Earlier models actually had a steel sleeve pressed into the aluminium cylinder to reduce bore size.  I have seen pictures.  Later models like my 2008 had an all aluminium plated cylinder.  They run a bronze bush in the small end bearing with no needle bearing.  Have you looked at the bore of your cylinder yet? 

I ended up putting the 200 top end back on the 2008 before selling it and still have the 250 top end.  I may be interested in a 200 top end depending on condition.  You could PM if interested.             

• Like 1