Trials scene out in the midwest?

Eric_ILNA_Racing

Hey Folks

So it looks like my work will be sending me over to the US for a bit under 1 year as project manager, and I'd really like to see if I can't make the most of that time and try out the trials scene while over there.

I'm currently living here in France and riding in Senion 3 class, with an Ossa 300i and a Gasgas 125TXT. Where I live now I'm less than 5min from the local terrain, so get to ride several times a week.

I'll be in the Ohio region for the duration of my time there. My thoughts are to try and buy a cheap bike and hook up with a local club.. So my 2 questions are-

Whats the scene like ? can anyone point me in the direction of a local club?

Whats the 2nd hand bike market like in the US? Easy enough to find, or rare and expensive? I'd be happy enough with an early 2000s bike, just to play around with and then sell when again when I leave

Anyway, all help will be appreciated

Cheers

Eric

7 hours ago, htrdoug said:

Trials Inc.

best chance on locating a used bike is probably on Facebook.

Where will you be in Ohio? Specific city and I can likely get you contact info.

Hey, thanks for the response. Most likely be in Toledo or surrounds.

I sent a mail to that club a few weeks back, but never had any response, that's why I published here :(

Come ride with us in MOTA. I am 45 miles north of Toledo here near detroit but we practice about 30 miles north of you in milan michigan a lot. Our closest event to you is just up route 23 in Whitmore lake. We have about 40-60 riders per event. Really relaxed crew. We have others who live in toledo area as well. Pm me if you want and we will share contact info. www.motatrials.com 

--Biff

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 10:48 AM, biffsgasgas said:

Come ride with us in MOTA. I am 45 miles north of Toledo here near detroit but we practice about 30 miles north of you in milan michigan a lot. Our closest event to you is just up route 23 in Whitmore lake. We have about 40-60 riders per event. Really relaxed crew. We have others who live in toledo area as well. Pm me if you want and we will share contact info. www.motatrials.com 

--Biff

Cheers Biff, thanks for the reply. I'll be in contact !