Tales of a clubman- YouTube

lampshade

Hi all! 

I have recently started to put a series together on Youtube aimed at clubman riders on my media page (br8 media). 

Trying to purely aim at clubman level riders (as myself) and talking to you the riders is something thats maybe missing at the moment from the web. 

I love the stuff the other media channels are doing on youtube and are a subscriber and viewer myself, but this will follow me around to different trials across the country talking about clubman "stuff" filmed on a high quality camera for everyone's ease of viewing. 
If you have any feedback or things you think should be covered then please yell!

Here is the link anyway, hope you enjoy.  'Tales of a clubman' TOAC - Barnsley Trials Club- Hooten Lodge - YouTube

• Like 7

Just watched and really enjoyed it! I think you captured the experience of a club trial perfectly and it's good to see a wide range of riders of all ages, abilities and genders. Nice to see people helping with fixing each other's bikes and also a dedicated regular observer... they make such a difference.

I ride beginner routes in the south so no rocks, but your sections looked similar in terms of tricky turns and a few climbs, so very relatable. Nice little "interviews" with a few characters too... There seem to be plenty of those in trials and it's always been very friendly and welcoming for me.

I'm sure it must take quite an effort to put these films together, but if you are up for it, I'll definitely be watching the next!

Thanks! Mark

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, markparrish said:

Just watched and really enjoyed it! I think you captured the experience of a club trial perfectly and it's good to see a wide range of riders of all ages, abilities and genders. Nice to see people helping with fixing each other's bikes and also a dedicated regular observer... they make such a difference.

I ride beginner routes in the south so no rocks, but your sections looked similar in terms of tricky turns and a few climbs, so very relatable. Nice little "interviews" with a few characters too... There seem to be plenty of those in trials and it's always been very friendly and welcoming for me.

I'm sure it must take quite an effort to put these films together, but if you are up for it, I'll definitely be watching the next!

Thanks! Mark

Thanks Mark very kind words. Yes the trials scene is full of great characters, and do make interesting viewing. I am attending another trial this sunday so hoping to get it out early next week. Again, thanks for the kind words. 

• Like 1

I’ve watched & I have to agree with all the positive comments above. Nice to see a bit of well filmed ‘ordinary trials’ and great to have it interspersed with a bit of commentary or interview. Makes it more interesting than just a series of riders going through the same section from the same viewpoint. A very good reference for all those newbies that come on the forum asking basic questions about format etc. & demonstrates the friendly & informal way most club trials work. It might actually get a few to go to events when previously they were maybe a bit scared of the unknown. Good work, well done.

I was a member at BTC along with Hudds Falcon for about 15 years prior to a move down to Cornwall just before the Covid lockdown. Never rode at Hooton but it looks like it’s developed into a great venue. Nice to see a few recognisable faces still at it, & Richard still out observing. I still have my bike but haven’t got out again yet for various reasons but the urge is still there, (does it ever go away ?), Torridge club isn’t far away so maybe sometime soon.

Happy Riding all, & hello to all at BTC & Falcon mcc who I got to know over the years.

Cheers 

Simon Frost

1 hour ago, feetupsbetter said:

I’ve watched & I have to agree with all the positive comments above. Nice to see a bit of well filmed ‘ordinary trials’ and great to have it interspersed with a bit of commentary or interview. Makes it more interesting than just a series of riders going through the same section from the same viewpoint. A very good reference for all those newbies that come on the forum asking basic questions about format etc. & demonstrates the friendly & informal way most club trials work. It might actually get a few to go to events when previously they were maybe a bit scared of the unknown. Good work, well done.

I was a member at BTC along with Hudds Falcon for about 15 years prior to a move down to Cornwall just before the Covid lockdown. Never rode at Hooton but it looks like it’s developed into a great venue. Nice to see a few recognisable faces still at it, & Richard still out observing. I still have my bike but haven’t got out again yet for various reasons but the urge is still there, (does it ever go away ?), Torridge club isn’t far away so maybe sometime soon.

Happy Riding all, & hello to all at BTC & Falcon mcc who I got to know over the years.

Cheers 

Simon Frost

Hi Simon, that's great to hear that you enjoyed it. 

Huddersfield trial this weekend, wish me luck. 🤞

23 hours ago, lampshade said:

Hi Simon, that's great to hear that you enjoyed it. 

Huddersfield trial this weekend, wish me luck. 🤞

Good luck with it, they we’re my ‘go to’ club trials, only had time for maybe one a month so tried to make as many of theirs as I could.

They were a great club, sections to suit everyone, always seemed to have observers, and a great range of venues. Very friendly lot😀  

Mention my name & say hello, didn’t get chance to say bye when I was leaving the area. Last trial I rode up there was a centre team trial up near skipton with Phil Dyson as a Falcons team mate. I broke 3 gear levers & had to retire !

Have a good day, look forward to the film.

The new episode is out later tonight, was a difficult trial to film out mainly because i forgot my bigger bag and had to use my bumbag type. Which with a camera bouncing around in there is a little difficult. Want to try and speak to more people at the next trial i do, if you see the camera head over for a chat!
Tales Of a Clubman 'TOAC' Ep2 - Huddersfield Falcons Trials Club 21-11-21 - YouTube

14 hours ago, skyrider said:

i have just watched both of the tales of a clubman trials on youtube and they were brilliant well worth a view and it has made me even more determined to have a go at trials in the near future cant wait

Thanks, hopefully bump into you when you get out and trialing!