Where to source a 11t Front Sprocket?

UG_ALLSTAR

Hey fellas, I'm having trouble locally sourcing a 11T front sprocket for my 21' txt racing. It's an 19 spline sprocket and it looks like there's nothing available in the USA.

I'm a smaller rider 5'7 145lbs on a 300 so getting more top speed likely wouldn't affect the bike. The thing pulls me around like I'm not even there and first is way too short, I'm mostly riding trails, single track, hill climbs.

Any input is appreciated and happy holidays.

Edited by UG_ALLSTAR

Can't help regarding an American source (assuming you've already checked with the importer), but I will say to be mindful that the geometry of modern trials bikes isn't made for high speed, so if you crank it way up it will be very twitchy.  In a similar vein I tried my Gasgas EC250 geared way down for hard enduro type terrain, and found that it just didn't work well (also I discovered I'm crap at hard enduro, lol)

38 minutes ago, turbofurball said:

Can't help regarding an American source (assuming you've already checked with the importer), but I will say to be mindful that the geometry of modern trials bikes isn't made for high speed, so if you crank it way up it will be very twitchy.  In a similar vein I tried my Gasgas EC250 geared way down for hard enduro type terrain, and found that it just didn't work well (also I discovered I'm crap at hard enduro, lol)

Appreciate the reply. I'm not going for anything high speed, just trying to make the gearing taller so I can utilize all my gears instead of 2/3 most of the time. 

I'm hot garbage at enduro as well lol. I picked up the TXT in hopes it would help refine my technique.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, faussy said:

Any jitsie dealer should be able to source one. https://www.jitsie.com/en/content/24-dealers#us

Vertigo also use the same sprocket. 

Did you check these guys? https://www.trialstoreusa.com/front-sprocket-gasgas-vertigo/

Thanks for the links, I'll see what I can find. I tried trialstoreusa but they are out of stock on the GG/Vertigo sprockets

52 minutes ago, UG_ALLSTAR said:

Appreciate the reply. I'm not going for anything high speed, just trying to make the gearing taller so I can utilize all my gears instead of 2/3 most of the time. 

I'm hot garbage at enduro as well lol. I picked up the TXT in hopes it would help refine my technique.  

For reference, it's normal to skip using 1st gear altogether unless doing very technical stuff ;)

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, richt said:

11/39 is very high geared. Standard over here is 10/42T. which is what I currently use.

I agree that it makes the gearing tall, 3.54:1 to be exact. Same final gear ratio as my Husqvarna TC250 mx bike.

I use my txt 300 for single track riding so I'm trying to gain some top speed so I can hang with the big bikes on the quicker sections.

I'm going to try out the 11t again on my next ride. Also adding some hand guards because branches keep grabbing my front brake lol.

From my experience, which is limited, skinny bike will hang with the big bikes in the slow stuff but the suspension will not keep up anywhere else and it feels like full on trials bike abuse. The harder stuff feels like cheating and the medium flowy stuff is just too much on the suspension to keep speed. Maybe different in your single track? Good luck!

• Like 2

What Glayne is saying is that you need multiple bikes; it's the only solution. :)

Hmmm ... there is a second solution: you ride your trials with your enduro buddies, but you lead. And show no mercy! 😏

Edited by d2w
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 9:06 PM, Glayne said:

From my experience, which is limited, skinny bike will hang with the big bikes in the slow stuff but the suspension will not keep up anywhere else and it feels like full on trials bike abuse. The harder stuff feels like cheating and the medium flowy stuff is just too much on the suspension to keep speed. Maybe different in your single track? Good luck!

You are correct. I struggle to keep up in faster sections which is why I'm going to experiment with gearing a bit. 

The suspension is ok, it's not the greatest for enduro but it beats MX suspension. I find myself using my body a lot more to absorb bumps and drops. Forks could be less springy but it's a trials bike so... lol. I increased the damping and it helped to calm them a bit.

I posted a vid in the main section under the MPG thread to give you guys an idea of the terrain.

Thanks for the replies fellas and happy holidays.