2020 Beta Carb

Jeffcomerford

50 minutes ago, Jeffcomerford said:

Good Morning All,

I have a 2020 Beta 300 2 stroke that I bought used last week.  It has a carb on the unit that doesn't have an idle adjustment.  Does this make sense?  The carb on the unit is a Keihin NB5 A 1EP.

Thanks

hi,jeff   they are a black plastic screw (not the best ) you may find it has snapped off  ,they are  just in front and above of air screw 45 degree going up to slide  easy to drill out if it has    hope this helps 

• Like 1

same plastic on my 20 scorpa. my time is coming too. Find a dirt bike shop show them the carb replace the screw with a metal one, unshure where you are in canada--  if you have time to look on the www, go here www.pjmotorsports.com  they are in oregon.   bought from them many times over the years.

Hi Jeff,

You can see the snapped off adjuster to the right of the fuel pipe inside that small circle housing. If you are careful, you may get away with heating up a flathead screwdriver and pushing it into the remaining bit of plastic to make a groove, let it cool down so it goes hard and then hopefully you can just unscrew it out and replace.

If that doesn't work, as on it says, you can drill it out

Good luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The carb model is a Keihin PWK-28. Jitsie and S3 make aluminum adjusters to replace the plastic screw that has no place on an otherwise excellent carb. For the S3 and Jitsie replacements for the carb and levers I find it helps to run them through a die to clean up their threads before installing them. If you don’t they bind. I think the anodizing after the screws are machined is a bit too thick.

• Like 3