Gas gas txt 280 2005

Teddydanson

Just a quick question on the gas gas, 

looking a 2005 280, I’ve got a 1999

ive noticed the frame is different, but in the pictures, there looks like a kink in both sides of the frame on the top of the a frame under the tank? Is this correct, tried to look online and there’s a few that have it and some without… just looks weird 

also what would be a good price? It’s up at 1450 road registered. Looks clean and trust the guy, just thought it was a little high. 

17 hours ago, Teddydanson said:

Not interested now… could be fine could only last a ride? Shame really as it looked too top. Although, I thought a little over priced for year… 

99.9% have them marks, makes no difference.  

Price is more dependent on condition and how it runs, if its a good runner and in reasonable nick then £1450 is a fair price

I've got an 2004 and its a nice bike (it also has them dents!)

Edited by suzuki250

On 11/26/2021 at 3:57 PM, Teddydanson said:

Not interested now… could be fine could only last a ride? Shame really as it looked too top. Although, I thought a little over priced for year… 

What the hell are you planning to do where a small dent in a tubular frame member is going to cause failure ? Especially as it was probably designed to be there - there are no other physical stops to restrict turning angle, and if you look, the bottom yoke is machined away on its upper edge to allow a little more turning angle till the top edge of that machined section touches those down tubes. My 05 had those when I bought it at a five years old. Never an issue. They all have them as Suzuki 250 said. Maybe slightly different depths depending on how accurate the frame fabrication is originally, or how hard they’ve been ridden in terms of hard turns to the stop. You’d have to do some serious ramming of the yoke into the frame to cause damage, and those look equal to me. I think you’ve turned down a good ‘un if that was your only gripe, and in current times that price isn’t bad, certainly as a starting point.

• Like 2