Sherpa t exhaust pipe interference

Jps

Im new to the forum. Before I take it apart I thought I’d see if anyone had any ideas. The photo of the gas tank mounting bolt shows the tank is off the frame quite a bit and the header is still in contact with tank. Any ideas where to start?

2FB6A328-40EF-43EC-8D2B-AB45BEE5909B.jpeg

08AAF253-B3C3-4D14-ADF8-D33BF2A4B02D.jpeg

F89460BE-599B-484A-96A7-E4966E364807.jpeg

Especially the lower rubber flange might be to long, you can too turn the exhaust flange thus put it more outside but too down.

Last not least you can too affect the poisrion of the lower rubber flange with the mounting position and angle of the rear exhaust. 

Take all loose and mount it without the rubber fangles so it fits under the rank then check rubber length then mount it again.

You can too put solid rubber pieces between gastankseat combo and frame to get extra mm of space. 

Has the motor been lifted?

It may be a header pipe made for a different model.

It may just be poorly fitted.

What ID prefixes are your frame and motor? I think I see your motor prefix is 92 but what is the frame?

The original finish on a model 92 header pipe is chrome plated.

The tank looks right for a model 92.

On the model M92, the exhaust does run close to the tank but obviously shouldn't touch. The header pipe slides into the silencer. It may be that it isn't pushed in far enough which is causing it to sit at the wrong angle and slope upwards towards the tank. The silencer has a fixed bracket for attaching to the engine mount so unless that has been altered the silencer can't be mounted incorrectly. From what I can see of the silencer it looks to be the correct one 

Take the header off, slacken the silencer bolt and refit the header without the rubber and ensure it is pushed fully home into the silencer and see if it sits correctly. If the header is the correct one it should do.  If it still touches it's possible the front pipe has been altered or is the wrong one, although it looks the correct one, just painted black, as mentioned above it would be chrome originally. A picture showing the full exhaust would be better.

Picture below is a model 92, you can see how close the exhaust is and the angle it should sit at

post-71-0-17125100-1413914718_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have a similar problem with a front pipe and box that I bought for my 116 Alpina. Does your barrel have the stub that mounts with four studs? Perhaps it is fitted the wrong way around, and so it comes off the port at the wrong angle. As mentioned above, it could be the wrong pipe as there are subtle differences between models. I think that is the case with mine, but I can cut it and weld it to make it work.

edit: Just noticed that the flange rotation was already mentioned above.  Good luck

Edited by Bloomfield