Vertigo tuning ignition timing

Alexle

Hi I have a vertigo nitro 250. I stepped down from a 280 trs and found the bottom end to be a bit too soft for my liking. 

I have been playing around with the get ecu tuning, more fueling off the bottom seem to help a bit but I'd like a bit more power. I'm wondering if advancing the ignition timing off the bottom would help? But I'm worried about messing with it too much.

Other alternatives I'm assuming could be adding a high compression head? Has anyone tired this? 

Hoping to get some suggestions.

Thanks! 

Interesting...  

Okay, so 2-stroke tuning is Voodoo.  Or something like it.  http://www.ijettjournal.org/2018/volume-58/number-1/IJETT-V58P205.pdf

However, for faster rpm gain, i would think you'd want to read this one - http://www.amrca.com/tech/tuners.pdf  page 157

Summary here http://dragonfly75.com/motorbike/timingcurves.html 

I don't think ignition timing is the thing here.  Maybe fuel/air mix?  

So, the 2021 Works Bikes have the V-0494 throttle body.

2022 Nitro has V-1612 Racing Throttle Body, same as the 2022 R-3s.

It could be possible your TPS needs to be reset, or a new plug and a little less oil on the filter?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, maybe a slight technique adjustment?  Throttle before an obstacle, let the engine gain rpm, then dump the clutch?  Of course, I have zero idea of the level you ride/train at...  but I've seen some guys from up there in BC modify the throttle cable guide..  to have a 2 position throttle.  Full On or Full On.  Something about a drill bit and some duct tape?  Pretty sure these are some of the quickest revving bikes out there, but I've never put one on a dyno. 

Yes the good part about the vertigo ignition timing is you can choose what rpm vs throttle opening you want to advance or retard timing. The software allows you to manipulate the factory map within a certain threshold but it doesn't allow you to change the map fully.

This is the settings I've been playing around with. Which seems to make it feel a bit more snappy. Although I'm really just doing trial and error so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. 

0F00E5E3-3B9A-44A2-9D0F-0D849FC71320.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ciao anche io sto cercando di rendere la mia R3 250 più reattiva. Ho fatto molti test con WiFiCom e non ho ancora trovato la mappa migliore.
Credo che il set IG sia la soluzione.
Ho scoperto che alcune bici hanno la mappa 1 sull'asciutto e altre la hanno al contrario. Ora non so come essere sicuro che la mappa 1 sia in posizione asciutta.
Qualcuno sa come essere sicuro della corrispondenza delle mappe sul wificom alla posizione dell'interruttore?

Proverò a togliere il volano e fare una mappa adeguata.
Se qualcuno ha esperienza in merito sono felice di saperlo.