Yamaha TY125 with ethanol?

vfr800ch

It is a good idea to use fuel without ethanol, because ethanol is shortening the storage time, especially in cold seasons. I have had some experience with desintegrated fuel when stored in harsh winter climate with under - 20°.

Thus I avoid that fuel now completely. 

And as other stated it is in my opinion very good to use premium fuels, especially when they are ethanol free and come with cleaning chemical elements.

Here I would recommend ESSO Ultra or ARAL Ultimate. ESSO bought ARAL and thus theur Ultimate petrol and diesel fuels which are ethanol free and have engine cleaning components included too have high octane and produce less carbon. 

- higher octane will avoid pinging and you can too set up your trials bike to a leaner carburation which is uselfull as we ride a lot with very low rpm.

- without ethanol there is no storage problem anymore. 

- instead of ethanol ARAL / ESSO uses ether wich gives an extra boost.

- the ether works too as a cleaning components and will wash away the carbon build up inside the engine.

I run Ultimate in my TY, SWM, Montesa, Bultaco bikes with good result. 

For long term storage and very low temperatures I use Aspen racing as last fill up before the bike goes in a longer hibernation but I don't think you need to go as long.

3 hours ago, ChrisCH said:

There are more compatability issues with ether than there are with ethanol:

https://mykin.com/rubber-chemical-resistance-chart-3

Although there may be less with the water absorption.

Nope, as this is gasoline is sold to all kind of cars all around Europe and these use... guess what... a lot of that rubber parts too and then please read what is written about the material and the harmfullness. 

In the chart of your link a 4 is doubtful which means it can in doubt harm that's all it is not an F!

How many claims are there from thousands of car and motorcycle customers that are using this fuel?

If there would have bern or is an issue with ESSO or ARAL premium gasoline  we would have known that for years ....  ....  You are looking something up that is in fraction harmful but in practice not important or as we say you are nearby to count pees. 

Gasoline and alcohol in general are solvents and thus are dissolving part of the rubber and the effect is that the rubber gets faster old and cracks, likewise does UV radiation and hot / cold cycles.

What solvents do to rubber is that they dissolve the chemicals responsible too keep the rubber or plastic smooth and flexible as mentioned that is happening anyway, but so little there is no difference.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:53 AM, ChrisCH said:

At a guess none.  Exactly the same figure as from ethanol additive petrol.

Nope as You and all other gasoline customers where informed in the advance that E5 and E10 ist not suitable for some vehicles and with E10 the effects are even more visible.

Like here from Dutch Shell which will soon be British:
https://dutchperformanceproducts.com/e10-gasoline-problems-and-solutions/  

To ether, this chemical is the additional indigence that has replaced lead in the fuel in terms of rising the octane, (not the lubrication of valve shafts). You find ether especially in these fuel products:

- Startgas cans,
- DME: Di - Metyl - Ether is cleaning the diesel engine inside, *
- MTBE: Methyl - Tert - Butyl - Ether is the ether that is rising the octane level for petrol engines,
- ETBE: Ethyl - Tert - Butyl - Ether is the ether that is rising the octane level too for petrol engines,

* That is why you get better fuel consumption with Ultimate diesel fuels, as ether has more energy stored.

** That is why you get a little bit of power increase with Ultimate fuels and much higher octane as these have more energy stored
    and rise the octane level.