2001 Rev 3 250 sea level jetting

liviob

I need to jet my carb for sea level. This is what's in it. Pilot 35, Needle 3, Main 145. I have a 45 pilot but not sure which main to use and don't want to buy six of them to tryout. Anyone willing to share their jetting specs for sea level? Thanks!

I don't think you will need to change the pilot jet as the slow mixture screw can be varied for best tick-over.

The main jet should be chosen for best performance, and plug colour.  I see you might have some difficulty finding a long enough piece of land to hold it at max speed for a few miles however.   Richer is probably best, so that it four strokes at max revs in the garage, much the same as setting the high end mixture screw on chainsaws.

Also bear in mind you might want to ride in the mountains at some time..!

We have a rev3 270.

Although I have experience in jetting I would not know what it needs. The bike does not respond really wel on the throttle but seem to run wel if the throttle is more even on all positions of the throttle.

From what I have read the Mikuni is crap and that corresponds with the tiny bit experience I have with them.

The plus side is that with this bike I really have to jerk the throttle, else the power really isn't there. One of my weak points is commitment. This bike does not accept doing half at all.

• 2 weeks later...