Queue Jumping…

rr62

We’re all (in Blighty at least) too polite to call out queue jumpers. But it is so annoying.

Which queue jumping tactics rile you most (unless you are a queue jumper yourself…).

My top three…

1. Get to front of queue and park bike for a quick look at section then casually nip back in.

2. Steam into front of queue to chat to a mate. Then casually nip back in.

3. Pretend bike has an issue. Then casually nip back in.

Etc. Etc.

It sucks and those who do it 100% know they are doing it (even if casually!!).

• Like 3

Option 1 was common practice for works riders when national trials attracted entries of 100+ and was entirely accepted at the time.

As Martin Lampkin put it, "folk think it's because we can't be bothered waiting" but the stronger reason was to make sure they could ride the section knowing what state it was in after "gardening" had been carried out, as opposed to when a dozen struggling novices had shifted the rocks.

• Like 2

Was chatting to my old man recently and he mentioned Sammy Miller's regular trick back in the day was to ask someone at the front of the que to hold his bike while he had a quick look at the section then jump back on it skipping the que, he once asked my dad too which he replied 'yeah sure' then as soon as he walked the section my dad dropped his bike and rode off! Made me chuckle!!! Does happen too often though!

• Like 3

For me its more of the way certain riders think they have a right to, and consider themselves more important than others because they are considered "top riders" so have a terrible attitude towards other riders. I can understand that the sections can alter whilst they await their turn, so feel they need to get in there before it changes too much. I've been on the receiving end many times (like I'm sure most have) were I have rode a section to find a big rock or a hole has appeared that wasn't there when I walked it.

But this is still no excuse, they should just accept that its luck of the draw and things do even out in the long run. 

• Like 1

The clubs i ride start the experts riders last (up to 45 mins behind the first rider), so when we are half way round the first lap we start getting lapped by the people who have started first who feel like its some sort of race. IMO we should be allowed to go ahead of them since they enjoyed a first lap of no queues, yet if you do this some get really annoyed. I would never jump someone on the same lap as myself

Edited by faussy

Yes it happens and its a p*** take. Sadly not enough people call these riders out.  My particular pet hate, is riders parking their bikes so close to the begins in impedes the start of the section. I have educated several over the years in various languages, and called them back to move them ,  as you get older you get grumpy...

• 1 month later...

The rider who spots anyone who is near the front,  starting a vague conversation with them then feeding in next to them as the que moves forward, of course being English I say nothing while quietly comparing him to Putin in my head

• Like 1

3 hours ago, retromlc said:

The rider who spots anyone who is near the front,  starting a vague conversation with them then feeding in next to them as the que moves forward, of course being English I say nothing while quietly comparing him to Putin in my head

So true. And we’re all too polite being English!!