Vertigo Vertical DL 300cc 2018

Robonthemoor

Im looking at buying a Vertigo vertical DL 2018 300cc, Am I doing the right thing, looks mint condition & states it as only been  used in local trials. Do they have a dry & wet switch to change the mapping? People say they can eat plugs, & can have electrical issues, Im no trial rider but my two sons are,, Beta 300 4 stroke, GasGas 280 2 stroke, and want to do local trials. I did win a trials once,,  G Limber champion back in 1980 but now 59 might not be as easy! please any advice would be greatly appreciated. if you have had an 2018 model or been around them that would be so helpfull.

At 59 and not a trials rider why would you even think a 300 vertigo is ideal for you?

Hopefully your getting it very cheap because its going to be back up for sale very quickly.

Do yourself a favour and look for a 200 beta evo, i changed to a 250 evo and enjoy being able to move my arms on a monday

• Like 1

At 62 and a regular trials rider I am on my 3rd Vertigo 250. I tried a 300 and liked it but the 250 has all the power I will ever need. I currently weigh about 14 stone and have the 2021 DL model. The improvements over the years with Vertigo have been minor but worthwhile. If you're closer to 20 stone and with a slow throttle a 300 might be ok. The DL 250 I have is very smooth so I would expect a similar power delivery on the DL 300.

My suggestion would be to up the budget and find a 20 or a 21 250 Vertigo DL model. Because

"you're worth it"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mbarring said:

I know what you mean about Vertigo having a wide & confusing range of models.  With names like Ice Hell, Combat, Nitro & Vandal they don't seem to be pitching at the more mature rider.

Just been to look at a 2021 300cc ice hell, £5000 I think it was dropped off a cliff 😕

Edited by Robonthemoor

I'm no expert but I think they dropped the Ice Hell moniker back in16/17 so maybe you're right about the cliff. Really not sure on used prices as I've bought my last 2 new and the lurgy thing has affected supply and price of everything these last 2 years. I bought my last one from Camio and they had some very clean late models in stock when I was there. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I ask my self, for which driver is the Nitro 280? I it for drivers who can not decide between 250 and 300 🙂? Without the possibility to get a Hom. Version of the 280, this model make no sence for me.