OLD FUEL

Trog

OK I'm going to say it..AVGAS. Dirty word I know and I know Im doing a Clarkson and destroying the planet but a little bedtime reading of the ACU regs says its legal for competition? It's been 35 years since I ran 2 stokes and assume I can run a 75 250 on it {what mix are you using?]. Avgas 100LL is basically the old 5 star back in the 70's . Discuss

Graham

Cut it 50:50 with V Power or similar.  That's what I was told to do by another experienced "user".  I've never had any bother, but I only use it on classic scramblers.  Nobody is going to ask what you have in the tank . 

• Like 1

Although I said I don't know about Avgas on your other post in terms of actual use, I do know it contains lead and therefore isn't allowed in trials as only unleaded is allowed (obviously no testing is done so no-one is going to know)  However, you really don't need 100 octane fuel for a Sherpa, it runs fine on premium or super fuel. However, I'd avoid E10 due to the increased ethanol which could damage your tank if it's fibreglass (as you have a model M150 it could be an alloy tank) Just stick to premium fuel from the main brands as it contains little to no ethanol

Trials engines, from that era especially, are low compression ratio which spend hardly any time on full throttle in comparison to road racing or motocross

Good advice chaps, I'm just a bit careful having raced 2 stokes in the 90's and recked hell. out of how knows how many engines when ACU ruled unleaded only[ TZ350 on TESCO unlead..[Oh please] . AVGAS never gave any extra power on the Dyno, just better "pickup", burns slower so better for the port timeing....Im over thinking this thing ?????