Citroen Berlingo / Peugeot Partner

gazzaecowarrior

Hi there. I'm currently thinking of selling our motorhome which is also my motorcycle transport. I just want a small van with 3 front seats. I've been looking at the new shape Citroen Berlingo and Peugeot partner 2019 onwards. It seems they come in a short and longer wheelbase. I was wondering if anyone has any experience and maybe photos of fitting their trials bikes in one of these vans. The long wheelbase one can probably fit a bike in straight against the side? Can you fit a bike in the short wheel base model ? I see part of the passenger seat folds forward. Can you get the front wheel through there ? Have people had to remove the bulkhead to get bikes in ? I would really appreciate some opinions and photos of bikes in situ.  Thanks.

Edited by gazzaecowarrior

I carry my bike in a 2003 Citroen Berlingo car with the rear seats removed. The front wheel goes against the left B/C post and the rear wheel is about 6-9 inches from the right side. I made a wooden infill panel for the left rear footwell to keep the front wheel up to the level of the rest of the load platform (not necessary in a van version which uses a different floor).

On a similar note, I use and would recommend a Fiat Doblo - takes one bike with all seats fitted or two bikes with rear seats (easily) removed. 

You'd be better off with a car version than a van to avoid the lower speed limits imposed on panel vans.

Edited by cleanorbust

7 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

On a similar note, I use and would recommend a Fiat Doblo - takes one bike with all seats fitted or two bikes with rear seats (easily) removed. 

You'd be better off with a car version than a van to avoid the lower speed limits imposed on panel vans.

Thanks for the info. I would really like a 3 front seats van style type. I think the doblo only comes with two front seats. 

2 hours ago, gazzaecowarrior said:

Wow. I am amazed it fits. Do you have any photos from the back ? Have you removed the bulkhead to get it in or dropped the passenger seat ? What year is your van ?

This is the New Partner from 2019..., i remove the upper part of shield !!!, not passenger seat..

Hi

I had 2012 Berlingo swb, bike fits in no problem. Then had transit connect swb again no problem but nicer van to drive. 3 people in a van is a tight squeeze though unless two of them are kids.

I would buy a LWB Transit Connect if I was buying a small van again. Currenty running a VW T6 which is great but I've noticed none of these vans makes me ride any better. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, theluckyone said:

Hi

I had 2012 Berlingo swb, bike fits in no problem. Then had transit connect swb again no problem but nicer van to drive. 3 people in a van is a tight squeeze though unless two of them are kids.

I would buy a LWB Transit Connect if I was buying a small van again. Currenty running a VW T6 which is great but I've noticed none of these vans makes me ride any better. 

My Mrs is tiny and my son is 7 so I'm not too worried about the size of the seat. She hates being in a car with me anyway!!

• Confused 1