Reliable low maintenance bike

TimDH

On 2/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, jonnyc21 said:

Elaborate on budge not an issue or Gas Gas being rubbish?  I think the budget one is clear so...

Gas Gas is well known to having had more issues with things like the transmission, water pump, kick start gears, and a few other things than most other brands and a good number of the issues cause the case to need to be split.  The newer bikes are a lot better but even then when they are used hard they still are more prone to having issues than some of the more robust models available. 

I make this statement based on a combination of experience with my daughters Gas Gas, some friends with them as well as others I know well who I trust who have had them in the past. 

Even then, its just my 2 cents so take it for what its worth. 

10-4, thanks Jonny. 

I have to say that my GasGas has been a great bike so far. You can imagine what it's like coming from an MX bike to a trials bike. Lots of shifting, dramatically different power curve. To top it off it's all single track so the bike never gets a break. It's taken a few decent spills and keeps going.

As far as budget goes I feel like I got a lot for my money with the GG for their TXT model. I'm not going to list everything but comparing it to the entry level beta the gasser simply offers more.

I think most complaints probably come from the chads who can't start a gasser. lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UG_ALLSTAR said:

10-4, thanks Jonny. 

I have to say that my GasGas has been a great bike so far. You can imagine what it's like coming from an MX bike to a trials bike. Lots of shifting, dramatically different power curve. To top it off it's all single track so the bike never gets a break. It's taken a few decent spills and keeps going.

As far as budget goes I feel like I got a lot for my money with the GG for their TXT model. I'm not going to list everything but comparing it to the entry level beta the gasser simply offers more.

I think most complaints probably come from the chads who can't start a gasser. lol

I wish it was just the chads that can't start one... almost all of what I am talking about has come from people who have had lots of Gas Gas's over the years. 

Also, in no way am I knocking Gas Gas they are good bikes over all and in the grand scheme of it all most people will not ride them in a way to really hit the issues often, other than maybe the water pump if you put a lot of hours on the bike, so it really isn't likely you will have any issues.  Just well known that they are the most likely to need extra and/or unexpected maintenance of all of the trials bikes. 

So take that for what its worth and enjoy your bike, that is more important in the end in my opinion any way. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...