Clutch problems

LB208

Hi, my freinds have got a 2017 300rr and a 2019 260 4rt and both have the same issue the clutch dragging when you’re stood still in gear they both slightly drag and move forward, and they are also both very difficult to find neutral having to use your hand or kill engine to engage neutral,we have changed the gear oil in both with elf HTX740 and this has not cured the problems has anyone got any ideas where to start next??

Edited by LB208

Not sure if the clutch the montesa is like the beta but what you describe is the same as the beta clutch fix at he top of the beta forums by Dan Williams.

I did this fix the to my Rev 3 and use Elf htx740 and have no problems now, also just cleaned the glue from the plates on my ty175 much better takes a couple of hours.

Have you tried doing a re-bleed of the fluid on the clutch?  I noticed on my 2017 300rr that if I am getting drag its usually just needing a fresh bleed.  When I first got it I had to adjust it a bit better to get the drag to stop (adjustment of the lever required it to be pulled to the bar to not drag) but after I set it for no drag with the lever against my other fingers when pulled with my index it was fine. 

Not sure this will help but a few things I have seen on my 17 300 RR. Good luck.

The problem is the original clutch discs,

swap it for the one from Jitsie with a ribbed surface,

there is a better oil film, the clutch disengages better and can be better dosed.

It is easier to find neutral and it is also easier to start the engine in gear.

Is a standard tuning for the 4RT competition drivers. 😉

best regards Bernd

IMG_9472.thumb.JPG.d102aad5ad96a3d4cf804e9fa96c0093.JPG

fits for all years of construction up to now and also for the 300RR.

IMG_9473.thumb.JPG.dbc52cd849aaa532cb32b8b3fc9520e0.JPG