The 2022 Factory is finally here

mightychub

I was going to buy a Vertigo nitro till I saw all the bad reviews about the electric box and saw photos of how bad the mud and water gets in. I know beta have not ever done anything drastic but it’s the old adage if it’s not broken don’t fix it…Iv got my order in for one. it just works out the box and I have never had an issue with them

• Like 3

The Beta EVO was light years ahead of the rest. The design was / is class leading, but has become the annual victim of  worthwhile minor tweaks & the usual sticker/ "decal" job. It's sales speaks for itself. However, the rest have now caught up a bit, & use nice shiny Techy things to attract the punters, quite a lot of which doesn't always work.

Here's a few easy upgrades that would improve an already very good bike for the better. (Just my opinion).

1. Fit a proper alloy front mudguard stay.  BOSI anyone ?

2. Replace the stupid petrol filler cap.  CSP anyone ?

3. Rear mudguard re design. One piece set up costly to replace. Make it a 2 piece item.

4. Swingarm / sidestand set up not the best.  A new look set up would freshen the model up considerably & a comparatively straightforward bolt on. (Gas Gas use it to good effect !!)

5. A decent set of footpegs as standard.

6. Frame protectors to be a standard fit. Beta do quite nice ones on their Enduro models, so why not on their trlals models . OEM Stickers don't do much a job as frame protectors, & aftermarket covers look a bit "aftermarket".   

7. Stickers are an integral part of the annual revamp. Always rather a lot of them, which soon start to look tired. Sometimes less is more.

I suppose the Tech Forks &  Ohlins / Reiger shock upgrade would be starting to push the boundaries a little.   

There you have it. That's the 2025 model sorted.

FWIW I 've owned at least 10 Betas in various guises. I know how to look after them. I have never once been let down. Ever.     

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, pjw123 said:

The Beta EVO was light years ahead of the rest. The design was / is class leading, but has become the annual victim of  worthwhile minor tweaks & the usual sticker/ "decal" job. It's sales speaks for itself. However, the rest have now caught up a bit, & use nice shiny Techy things to attract the punters, quite a lot of which doesn't always work.

Here's a few easy upgrades that would improve an already very good bike for the better. (Just my opinion).

1. Fit a proper alloy front mudguard stay.  BOSI anyone ?

2. Replace the stupid petrol filler cap.  CSP anyone ?

3. Rear mudguard re design. One piece set up costly to replace. Make it a 2 piece item.

4. Swingarm / sidestand set up not the best.  A new look set up would freshen the model up considerably & a comparatively straightforward bolt on. (Gas Gas use it to good effect !!)

5. A decent set of footpegs as standard.

6. Frame protectors to be a standard fit. Beta do quite nice ones on their Enduro models, so why not on their trlals models . OEM Stickers don't do much a job as frame protectors, & aftermarket covers look a bit "aftermarket".   

7. Stickers are an integral part of the annual revamp. Always rather a lot of them, which soon start to look tired. Sometimes less is more.

I suppose the Tech Forks &  Ohlins / Reiger shock upgrade would be starting to push the boundaries a little.   

There you have it. That's the 2025 model sorted.

FWIW I 've owned at least 10 Betas in various guises. I know how to look after them. I have never once been let down. Ever.     

I totally agree with your upgrade but they have done nothing not even tried to stop the airbox always filling up with everything. All the other manufacturers have up'd there game and specs to leave the Evo behind which is a shame. You ride a 2018 or 2021 you can't tell the difference.

On 2/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, pjw123 said:

They all sound sensible to me.  The one big thing I noticed between the wife's Beta and my TRS were the brakes.  Maybe it is just the Beta was an old bike (2014) and the components were worn out?  However, I have now fitted the braktec master and Galfer disc and pads to the bike and it is transformative.  The TRS is still a bit better but not really enough to make any issue of.  The Beta now has one finger braking and very good modulation.

I have never riden the Factory version of the Beta but it has the braktec master so might be pretty decent.

I agree with you about the forks and shock.  Maybe go to the M4 fork and leapfrog the other brands?  Just going to 39mm would give owners the option without a new yoke and a lot of grief with the wheel and so on.  I plan to replace the rear shock later this year - secondhand bike prices make it sensible to upgrade the components rather than change the whole bike.  The missus wants an Electric Motion next time if we can get a test ride and afford the deal.