Ignoring the Beta 200…….????

NoTraction

I don’t agree re 4T being to much for beginner, but as I mentioned earlier 4T isn’t something everyone takes to. Some try it and love it but some go back to 2T. I had a 2017 250 rr TRS and it was great. Suspension and brakes were noticeably better than Beta....BUT did I ride better, no because the differences were way better than I needed or was able to use.

If I wanted a modern 2 stroke as 57 yr old who doesn’t want or need to hop round or launch up huge steps, I’d go back to 250 beta without doubt. Everything I would need and more. Slow action throttle if you need and/or drop a tooth at front. Yes 200 is fantastic but 250 is perfectly manageable, you just learn good throttle/clutch control.

Look at what youngsters can do on a 125! So a 125 would be enough. But I prefer feel of 250, like the bottom end and don’t need to rev it. As for sticking with rev 3, again it’s a bloke thing...I don’t NEED the toys on my car but does it feel good, yes and nothing wrong with feeling good by having a newer bike. 

I feel better on my favourite bike so even if I don’t ride better I enjoy the day more and that’s big part of it for me. The enjoyment 

Its a very hard thing buying a bike based on advice as we all like different things for different reasons, once you have the bug to change it’s almost impossible to resist

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, timdog said:

I don’t agree re 4T being to much for beginner, but as I mentioned earlier 4T isn’t something everyone takes to. Some try it and love it but some go back to 2T. I had a 2017 250 rr TRS and it was great. Suspension and brakes were noticeably better than Beta....BUT did I ride better, no because the differences were way better than I needed or was able to use.

If I wanted a modern 2 stroke as 57 yr old who doesn’t want or need to hop round or launch up huge steps, I’d go back to 250 beta without doubt. Everything I would need and more. Slow action throttle if you need and/or drop a tooth at front. Yes 200 is fantastic but 250 is perfectly manageable, you just learn good throttle/clutch control.

Look at what youngsters can do on a 125! So a 125 would be enough. But I prefer feel of 250, like the bottom end and don’t need to rev it. As for sticking with rev 3, again it’s a bloke thing...I don’t NEED the toys on my car but does it feel good, yes and nothing wrong with feeling good by having a newer bike. 

I feel better on my favourite bike so even if I don’t ride better I enjoy the day more and that’s big part of it for me. The enjoyment 

Its a very hard thing buying a bike based on advice as we all like different things for different reasons, once you have the bug to change it’s almost impossible to resist

I agree with everything you just said, especially the bottom bit!

• Like 1