A Question for 4Ride Owners

JonM

4ride owners, do you ever have issues with your bike being considered an enduro, trail bike or other?

I'm considering getting one but where I ride strictly forbids enduro bikes.

If the owner/operator considers it an enduro (or believes other might think it is) then it's a non-starter.

I asked about a KTM Freeride last year and he said no... and he's not the most patient of men.

I have never had my Montesa even once compared to an enduro.  I have had a few people ask if it was a stunt bike but that is about it.  Even then, if he is against the Freeride then I would strait up ask about a trials bike before putting any cash down on a bike.

Good luck!

Edit: And if he is okay with a trials bike and you do get a 4RT, if it comes with a seat or you get a seat for it I wouldn't ride there with the seat on the bike or he will probably say it isn't a trials bike. 

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

I have never had my Montesa even once compared to an enduro.  I have had a few people ask if it was a stunt bike but that is about it.  Even then, if he is against the Freeride then I would strait up ask about a trials bike before putting any cash down on a bike.

Good luck!

Edit: And if he is okay with a trials bike and you do get a 4RT, if it comes with a seat or you get a seat for it I wouldn't ride there with the seat on the bike or he will probably say it isn't a trials bike. 

Thanks, Jonny.

I don't want to name the area but the owner of the land is very much 'my way or feck orf'.

I'm sure that if I asked again it'd be a flat No, but if put one of those velcro Jitsie seats on my Sherco it wouldn't be an issue...

I want a 4Ride as I'm a casual wobbler who doesn't have a van and lives on a busy estate with limited parking. Loading my bike onto the Dave Cooper rack is a ball ache which requires shifting cars around and inevitably blocking my cul-de-sac.

It's 16miles to where I ride and it'd be so much easier to ride there & back, rather than the PIA of loading my car.

• Like 1

Theres a couple people ride in our clubs with the longride sherco and its never a problem. I was going to say you could turn up a few times without the seat so that he realises you are on a trials bike and then you could add the seat later, but if you intend to ride there then you cant necessarily do that. I think you're only option is to straight up ask, show him a picture of it with and without the seat, because if he's already refused you a free ride then he may think you are chancing your arm again with a non trials bike.. Too expensive a mistake to take the risk IMO. Sounds like the type of guy that if you turn up without prior permission  and he doesn't like the 4ride you would be banned for good. Also worth considering is it just the bike he doesn't like or his idea of what you may be doing on that type of bike i.e. tearing around

PS 16 mile is a fair old jaunt. Have you done this on a trials bike? Its not the funnest thing

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I think if he's said No once he will take the opinion that I'm chancing my arm/badgering etc... and is inclined to say No again.

The journey is 14miles and I'm sure those of you who ride in South East England will know where I'm riding. It won't be the most pleasant 30mins but I HATE the agg of loading my car. The thought of being able to ride there is much more appealing but the only trials bike I'd trust is a Mont. Breaking down 14miles from home isn't an option...

IMG_20220208_102348.jpg

Edited by JonM
  • Like 2