Bultaco sherpa top yokes

evo boy

Hello All wonder if you can help me. I have sherpa 325 and wonder if you can get a modified top yoke where the handle bars brackets are more forward instead of the standard ones where the bar brackets lean back? I hope this make sense.

Many thanks

Cut tiller still mounts off, dress & polish original area,  & then re weld  posts to a modern (ish) location by a competent alloy welder.  Brings bars forward.  A bit better riding position.

Other mods to think about are

Fork angle remains a bit "chopper" style, so that would need to be tightened up & is easily achievable by a competent fabricator.

Drop the pegs while you have the TIG set out, & the swingarm pivot point can be also brought closer to the output sprocket to improve grip / chain run. (Swingarm needs lengthening a bit).

All well tried mods & out there in forum land.

6 hours ago, Bloomfield said:

Pursang or Alpina (M115/116 and later) yokes will fit; not sure how or if the steering geometry will be affected.

The offset is very different on those Alpina/Pursang yokes so you would need to change both top and bottom yokes.

Using those Alpina/Pursang yokes increases the trail a lot so the steering feels very different. Some people like it that way some don't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterb said:

I use Alpina yokes on my Sherpa, steering angle is tighter, bars further forward and feels more like a modern bike. The stanchion width between centres is a little more than the Sherpa set up.

With the Alpina yokes, how do you go for mudguard and mudguard stay clearance to the exhaust and front downtube when the forks are fully compressed

• Like 1

There is sufficient mudguard clearance to the frame, but you need to make up a new rear facing front guard stay. The original rear facing stay is 200mm from the top of the loop centre, to the centreline of the stanchions. The loop of the stay I use is 130mm from the stanchion centreline, and neither the stay nor the mudguard foul the frame on full compression. Was a good question by the way.

• Like 2