'08 Rev 3 250 Clutch Hose

NoTraction

So today, whilst on a training day (typical), I dropped the bike and the clutch hose sheered off at the reservoir on the handlebars. End of training day and an early lunch!

I'm trying to source a fix before the weekend, I see that the Rev3 <06 are listed as different to the 07 and 08 - and everyone is out of stock of the 07 and 08!

Does anyone know if an Evo one might fit? Alternatively, I've though about trying a repair with a compression type fitting on the end of the existing hose if I strip the braiding off but I don't know what the size would be called (M10...something?)

Would be grateful for any info from anyone who knows, thanks.

6 minutes ago, petert said:

A trip to your local hydraulic hose supplier seems in order. They would probably be able to make a complete new house for not too many pennies.

I’m not aware of who that might be. I’d have to look into it if I can’t get something ready made fairly quickly.

Try venhill cables or HEL performance, they might be able to help as they make many hydraulic lines for bikes and might have the specs ready to make one up. If they don’t know the spec or you can’t identify/measure the existing fittings or specify the thread types etc, then look up your local hydraulic hose suppliers and present the old one to them. Most will be able to make one up while you wait. If not, have you tried the breakers just to get you going?

Edited by feetupsbetter
Spelling error !

3 minutes ago, feetupsbetter said:

Try venhill cables or HEL performance, they might be able to help as they make many hydraulic lines for bikes and might have the specs ready to make one up. If they don’t know the spec or you can’t identify/measure the existing fittings or specify the thread types etc, then look up your local hydraulic hose suppliers and present the old one to them. Most will be able to make one up while you wait. If not, have you tried the breakers just to get you going?

Thanks…. I’ve searched everywhere online, I’ll need to do as you say. In the meantime, to get me going I’ve ordered a DIY compression type fitting, it will do for the weekend with a bit of fettling. Seems that those 2 years were different to all that came before and since! 🙄