Variable peg positions

AlanC

Hi Folks,

Just wondering before I experiment with it, what's the theory on changing the peg positions on the RR? It's only 5mm either forward or back (and a bit of height change as its at an angle). Does the change of peg position make that much of a difference, or is it just a marketing gimmick?

Thanks

Alan.

The pegs back moves more of your weight over the rear wheel so aids grip, and also lightens the front wheel if you like hoping on the back wheel a lot. As a consequence it should make the bike push the front wheel a little more in muddy turns, which i do feel slightly. What height are you? Anything over 6 ft i think putting them back will also help the bike feel a bit roomier for you. If you're short, you might find yourself reaching for the bars too much. Im not commenting on the trs per se, most brand of bikes have variable peg positions as they are a feature of the pegs, not the bike

Edited by faussy

Thank you Faussy, Thats what I was trying to figure out. I have enough room on the bike, so that's fine. Rear grip seems to be good, but had a few front end slides in mud, so maybe forward would be a better position. Only experimenting will tell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlanC said:

Thank you Faussy, Thats what I was trying to figure out. I have enough room on the bike, so that's fine. Rear grip seems to be good, but had a few front end slides in mud, so maybe forward would be a better position. Only experimenting will tell.

If the front is washing out a lot, you can also try dropping the front i.e. lifting the forks through the clamps a few mm

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, AlanC said:

Yeah, my ftont end slid 3 times during the first loop of a trials.  I went back to my truck, opened a cold one. Wiped down my fenders and rims, installed a sign. 24 hours later I never had to worry about the front end again.

• Haha 1