Best Evo levers?

NoTraction

Just wondered who makes the best fitting levers for the Evo Grimeca clutch and brake controls on a 2020 Evo 200? I’ve got a couple of sets of basic Apico dual purpose ones with the two sets of adjuster holes but they don’t have the same fit and feel as a genuine Beta one I have, a short type clutch lever from a Rev3. Unfortunately I only have one though and no brake side. And I prefer a matching pair! 
AS3 make some that look good or there’s the Apico Elite. Or does anyone make an OEM replica? Don’t really want to pay £30 odd quid each side for ones from Beta. 
Any suggestions?

I like the fold back type.

It's common practice to leave the clamps slightly loose so when you drop it they move instead of snapping a lever. I prefer to have the clamps tight to keep the levers in a set position and you can do this with Flexi/folding levers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hughie said:

Just wondered who makes the best fitting levers for the Evo Grimeca clutch and brake controls on a 2020 Evo 200? I’ve got a couple of sets of basic Apico dual purpose ones with the two sets of adjuster holes but they don’t have the same fit and feel as a genuine Beta one I have, a short type clutch lever from a Rev3. Unfortunately I only have one though and no brake side. And I prefer a matching pair! 
AS3 make some that look good or there’s the Apico Elite. Or does anyone make an OEM replica? Don’t really want to pay £30 odd quid each side for ones from Beta. 
Any suggestions?

I like the Jitsie ones.

I have to say I never saw the point of folding levers (at the price premium), just slacken the clamps as totty79 says, and 9 times out of ten they survive being dropped. However when I bought my evo it had them fitted and I now think they’re fab. Only negative is that sometimes when you want to lean your bike against a tree, the lever folds back making it necessary to fiddle around to get a perfect parking spot ! 
If you really struggle to get standard types to be a snug fit in the bar clamp, are you getting the ones with plastic ‘top hat’ bushes ? If so you can easily make plastic/nylon washers to take up the slack.

Good idea Ref the plastic washers… but that wasn’t it really, I just think the one OEM Beta/Grimeca lever I have is more substantial and feels better than the thinner Apico ones I have. It’s no biggie, but I was wondering which brand is nearest to the original in terms of thickness and feel. The Apico ones, at least the ‘basic’ ones seem skinnier… wondered who’s are best I suppose, or of indeed there’s a lot of difference brand for brand (S3, Apico, Jitsie, AS3 etc…)