Linkage kit 4rt to 315?

Cube

Hi team,

just found out my linkage bearings and the other things supposed to be there are more or less non-existent. Does the 4rt one fit to all 315? Mine is a 1997? I am in NZ and have to order overseas. Just want to be sure ordering the right thing.

Thanks,
Pascal

11 hours ago, Cube said:

Hi team,

just found out my linkage bearings and the other things supposed to be there are more or less non-existent. Does the 4rt one fit to all 315? Mine is a 1997? I am in NZ and have to order overseas. Just want to be sure ordering the right thing.

Thanks,
Pascal

Sure looks like it will fit based on this part.
https://www.handdracing.co.uk/product-page/geco-billet-suspension-dogbone-complete

and this one

https://www.handdracing.co.uk/product-page/csp-billet-dog-bone-4rt-315

Edited by jonnyc21

Dogbone and components are the same. Unless dogbone is u/s just change bearings and seals, from bearing supplier and if collars are needed (probably will be) availible from Honda. I note that the H&D one doesn't use the same bearings as OEM - should be full compliment needle rollers really. IMHO

Attached 4RT parts list (same No's as 315) Hope this helps.

PS  don't forget the ones in the swinging arm!

DOGBONE.pdf

Edited by lsv
Post script
  • Like 1

315/ 4RT needle roller bearings are the same.

Needle bearings are HK 1512 , & can be bought in bulk online. (Don't buy cheap & go for quality brands i.e SKF or Koyo ).

Outer seals are B106.

Can easily be replaced if you have a good vice & a decent full diameter socket set.

If you want them to last a while, pack with White Marine grease. (Online & inexpensive)

10 hours ago, pjw123 said:

HK 1512

These are not full compliment and are NOT the same as OEM...............

Agree about the grease though.

Edited by lsv
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 10:24 PM, lsv said:

PS  don't forget the ones in the swinging arm!

DOGBONE.pdf 171.02 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for all your answers!

I will NOT look into the swing arm at this stage. I need a quick financial recover. But this is really the last bit on the bike to make it mechanically back sound again. It is on the list....just not there yet. haha.

Thanks though :)

On 3/6/2022 at 2:06 AM, Cube said:

I will NOT look into the swing arm at this stage.

The swing arm bearings seldom need attention but the ones you really DO need to check (and the ones I was referring to) are the ones that attach the arm to the dogbone linkage. If neglected will cause damage to the arm. Plenty of info/pics on line showing what can happen......................

AH. got ya. Please see the picture attached. Is this what you mean? ;)

I took out the rear shock because it was "spring only" and send it off for revision. 530NZ$.😱 I need a new shaft.🥵 And then I thought.....while this is open....let's check the linkage kit and may give it some grease. Well....I am currently trying to source a linkage kit.

The swingarm itself has no play and everything is fine. But again hard to source a kit here in New Zealand. Overseas are plenty. So I guess I will leave it for now and open it another time. Actually scared to open it and then not be able to put it together again because it might fall apart as the linkage did. 😁

bone.jpg