Places to Ride

trapezeartist

18 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

Why can I no longer see the Places to Ride sub-forum? I can't even get to see if there are any replies to my own posts on there which I wrote a couple of weeks ago.

Places to ride are becoming hard to find.  When I was a boy we used to go down the local woods on a Bantam or C15.  You would get told to bug**r off by the farmer, but nothing would happen!  It's a totally different situation today.  As you know, Fry's Bottom, At Chelwood, Bristol, is now under threat of closure by the local Council Planners.  There is a petition here: Frys Bottom Trials – Trials Practice Wood and Camping Ground   No idea what is happening there now as their site has not been updated recently.

Edited by stpauls

On 3/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, stpauls said:

Places to ride are becoming hard to find.  When I was a boy we used to go down the local woods on a Bantam or C15.  You would get told to bug**r off by the farmer, but nothing would happen!  It's a totally different situation today.  As you know, Fry's Bottom, At Chelwood, Bristol, is now under threat of closure by the local Council Planners.  There is a petition here: Frys Bottom Trials – Trials Practice Wood and Camping Ground   No idea what is happening there now as their site has not been updated recently.

Fry's are vigorously resisting the council and have a number of things planned, depending on what comes from the other side. In the meantime, they remain open.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:05 PM, faussy said:

I can still see it, but the latest post was january, not sure if you mean something more recent has been removed

I'm pretty sure I posted there in February (but of course I can't check!!!!). Perhaps the problem is bigger than just me. It would be nice to get a reply from Admin.